IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Flubaroo Changes and Updates

Dave Abouav

May 7, 2024, 6:09:51 PMMay 7
to Flubaroo Discussion Forum
Hi Flubaroo Users,

Despite showing it's age (now 13+ years old), Flubaroo is still running and helping around 3,500 teachers monthly across over 100 countries to grade assignments, share relevant feedback with students, and save time. :)

But as time goes on, technology changes, and sometimes apps like Flubaroo have to adapt to these changes. This email covers a few of those changes.

First, Flubaroo can no longer support uploading your own, custom stickers. This is to comply with a recent change made by the Google Drive team. The default stickers that are included with Flubaroo can still be used, though will need to be re-selected in each existing assignment you still want to share grades from. If there is a custom sticker you've been using that you want to keep using, and it is generic (not specific to your school), please email a copy to us at flubar...@edcode.org and we will consider including it with Flubaroo (for use by yourself and other teachers).

It also seems that the Google Charts API has been turned off recently, which means "View Report" is currently broken. I'll be looking into an alternative, but it may be a few months before I can get to it.

Lastly, starting today you will need to re-authorize Flubaroo the next time you run it from the Add-ons menu in a spreadsheet where it's being used. This should be a one-time thing. If you're using autograde, I recommend doing this ASAP as it's possible your autograding may fail to execute until you've done this.

FYI, the changes to Google Drive that I mentioned ultimately give Flubaroo less access to files in Google Drive that are not related to its operation, which is a good thing from a privacy and security standpoint (not that Flubaroo ever accessed any of said files).

I hope that these changes won't be too impactful to your use of Flubaroo, and you still continue to find it helpful for years to come.

Best,
Dave

Dave Abouav

May 8, 2024, 7:55:38 AMMay 8
to Study Nationsorg, Flubaroo Discussion Forum
Can  you please outline the exact steps you took? Also, please try to uninstall and then reinstall Flubaroo.

On Wed, May 8, 2024 at 4:32 AM Study Nationsorg <st...@nationsorg.com> wrote:

Bonjour,

We tried to Disable / Enable the Flubaroo inside the Google Docs but getting the error:

Cannot call method "getUniqueID" of null.

Please, advice.

Regards,

Nationsorg

Best regards,
Study Nationsorg

NATIONSORG Association - Intérêt général #International #Sociale #Économique #Handicap #Numérique #Associatif #Antiisolement #Antidiscrimination /
#International #Social #Economic #Handicap #Digital #Associative #Antiisolation #Antidiscrimination

Organisme de formation enregistré sous le numéro 84691452869.
Cet enregistrement ne vaut pas agrément de l’État.

If you do not wish to receive future e-mail updates, please reply with the Subject: UNSUBSCRIBE / Si vous ne souhaitez plus recevoir de messages de notre part, envoyez le mot DESINSCRIRE dans l'objet de la lettre.

edCode.org: A community of teachers and developers creating free, open-source tools for education.

Questions about Flubaroo?  Visit flubaroo.com/contact

Dave Abouav

May 8, 2024, 11:09:30 AMMay 8
to Study Nationsorg, Flubaroo Discussion Forum
I just put in a fix for this. Please try again in few hours when it goes live.

On Wed, May 8, 2024 at 5:07 AM Study Nationsorg <st...@nationsorg.com> wrote:

Bonjour,

I just follow the menu in Google Docs:

Extensions - Flubaroo - Advanced - Enable AUtograde

Thank you

Study Nationsorg

Study Nationsorg

Joseph Schmidt

May 9, 2024, 10:14:36 PMMay 9
to flubaroo-dis...@googlegroups.com, Dave Abouav
You need to click on Extensions and then Manage Add-ons.

image.png

Find Flubaroo in the list and then uninstall by clicking on the three dots (stop light).

image.png

Then reinstall Flubaroo.

Let me know if you still have issues.

Study Nationsorg

May 10, 2024, 8:48:15 AMMay 10
to Joseph Schmidt, flubaroo-dis...@googlegroups.com, Dave Abouav

Bonjour,

I think, it works after 24 hours update. I'll check periodically.

Thank you so much !