Grading Sections

Langleybackcountry

Feb 21, 2017, 4:11:20 PM2/21/17
to Flubaroo Discussion Forum
I just plugged into Flubaroo today and I like it so far.

Since Google Forms can be split into sections is there any way for Flubaroo to recognize that and grade them separately? I am thinking of a situation where you may have different sections and want your student to achieve a minimum % score on each section in order to pass the test rather than having to take multiple tests.

Joe Schmidt

Feb 21, 2017, 4:41:20 PM2/21/17
to flubaroo discussions
Flubaroo does not have the ability to do sub-totals.

I have an example of adding subtotals with formula after Flubaroo completes the grading.  It is definitely an advanced task.

I would consider three separate quizzes until you have some experience with Flubaroo.

Let me know if you are the adventurous type and want to create some subtotals using formulas.

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 4:11 PM, Langleybackcountry <langleyba...@gmail.com> wrote:
I just plugged into Flubaroo today and I like it so far.

Since Google Forms can be split into sections is there any way for Flubaroo to recognize that and grade them separately? I am thinking of a situation where you may have different sections and want your student to achieve a minimum % score on each section in order to pass the test rather than having to take multiple tests.

braut...@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2017, 1:00:21 PM9/1/17
to Flubaroo Discussion Forum
I'm the adventurous type :)

My class uses a standards based grading system so a final total grade isn't helpful if I am using one quiz to assess multiple standards.  In short, I would like to customize which questions are subtotaled.  In a quiz, question #1-3 may be Standard A while question #4-6 will be Standard B and Question #7-8 will be Standard C.  I would like a subtotal for each of those three standards.  (Really I only need to know the total they got correct).  Any recommendations?

My current system involves making the standard A questions worth 1 point, Standard B questions worth 10 points each, and the standard C questions worth 100 points each.  This of course terrifies the students even when I explain to ignore the point values.  This system works okay, but I was hoping Flubaroo would have a magical way to do it.

I consider myself an intermediate spreadsheet user (able to write formulas, run VLOOKUP, etc.).

Thanks for your help!

Flubaroo Joe

Sep 20, 2017, 6:15:43 PM9/20/17
to Flubaroo Discussion Forum
I didn't forget your request.  I just wanted something a little better.

Take a look at the new video that I added to flubaroo-power-users/flubaroo-joe-s-tips-and-tricks  The video is called Adding Subtotals.

This method will work with Autograde and when doing a Re-grade.

Kelly Kroese

Sep 27, 2021, 1:13:46 PM9/27/21
to Flubaroo Discussion Forum
Hi! Has the functionality changed at all of Flubaroo to do this more simply?