Re: [flubaroo-discussion-forum] My old "hand-grading" technique (overwriting in the "grades" tab) not showing in shared results emails

Joseph Schmidt

Oct 15, 2021, 7:44:31 PM10/15/21
to flubaroo discussions
Can you share the spreadsheet with me?.

If you still have a problem please share the spreadsheet and form with flubarooshare   @   edcode.org with edit rights.

Dave or I will take a look.

On Fri, Oct 15, 2021 at 5:55 PM Trevor Todd <tt...@pps.net> wrote:
Hi!

I'm a Flubaroo old-timer (since 2010) and I've always quickly "hand-graded" scores by editing/overwriting in the grades tabs.

I use this technique to adjust for spelling and other minor errors in fill-in-the-blank style questions. (say to give a .9 score for a one point question)

I noticed this year (or maybe it's been longer?) that my overwritten scores are not showing in shared results emails

These score numbers use to be visible to students in the top right of each question box (the red or green boxes in the email) right under the "Correct" or "Incorrect" bold text as ".9 / 1" for example.

So, my scoring is tabulating fine on my end, but students are asking me why I gave them 0/1 for a response with a spelling error, since that's what they're seeing.

I know there are built-in hand-grading options, but I like the old way for its ease and speed (because it combines autograding with an option to hand edit the score.

Thanks, am I out of luck?

Dave Abouav

Oct 27, 2021, 2:57:15 PM10/27/21
to flubaroo-dis...@googlegroups.com
Hey Trevor -

Feel free to share as Joe suggested and we'll take a look.

Best,
Dave

--
edCode.org: A community of teachers and developers creating free, open-source tools for education.

Questions about Flubaroo?  Visit flubaroo.com/contact