Grading Check boxes answers

Rachael Thomas

Sep 15, 2021, 2:33:27 PM9/15/21
to Flubaroo Discussion Forum
When there is more than one answers in check boxes, if the student clicks them out of order flububaroo counts it wrong.

Ex. correct answer: are sugars, provide energy
      Flubaroo is counting provide energy, are sugars  as incorrect.

Is there something I need to do in the answer key wrong to make sure this will be graded correctly if the answer if check boxes option if two answers need to be correct.
   Ex. are sugars, provide energy
           provide energy, are sugars
Both of these answers needed to be counted as correct.

Thanks in advance for any help

Joseph Schmidt

Sep 15, 2021, 5:22:32 PM9/15/21
to flubaroo discussions
Did you rotate the responses in the quiz?  It shouldn't make any difference the order that the options are clicked.

I think you might have to use Formula grading which is under the advanced topics

If you still have a problem please share the spreadsheet and form with flubar...@edcode.org with edit rights.

Dave or I will take a look.

Please include some detail about the problem so we can locate the problem quicker.

.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message may contain confidential information, including, but not limited to, student personally identifiable information. Such information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, printing, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited. If you receive this e-mail message in error, please immediately notify me by telephone at 419-238-5411 to arrange for the return of the original document to me. Please also delete the message from your computer. Thank you.

Rachael Thomas

Sep 16, 2021, 9:59:01 AM9/16/21
to Flubaroo Discussion Forum
Thanks for your response.
I got to thinking and those form questions are set on "shuffle option order".   Would this be the reason? For some students the answers were in a different order which apparently confused the program?

Rachael A. Thomas
Science Instructor
Vantage Career Center
818 N. Franklin St.
Van Wert, OH 45891

On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 2:33 PM Rachael Thomas <thom...@vantagecareercenter.com> wrote:

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message may contain confidential information, including, but not limited to, student personally identifiable information. Such information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, printing, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited. If you receive this e-mail message in error, please immediately notify me by telephone at 419-238-5411 to arrange for the return of the original document to me. Please also delete the message from your computer. Thank you.

Joseph Schmidt

Sep 16, 2021, 10:09:47 AM9/16/21
to flubaroo discussions
Yes, that is the problem.  I didn't write Flubaroo but the code seems to expect the CB items to always be in the same order.

Do you give any credit if the question was not answered 100% correctly?  You would be using the %CB.

If the question has to be 100% correct, then you can use the https://www.flubaroo.com/hc/multiple-correct-answers.

If you are using the %CB then you have a different level of a problem.

Are you using Autograde?

If you still have a problem please share the spreadsheet and form with flubar...@edcode.org with edit rights.

Dave or I will take a look.

Please include some detail about the problem so we can locate the problem quicker.

Rachael Thomas

Sep 16, 2021, 10:20:23 AM9/16/21
to Flubaroo Discussion Forum
Thanks for your quick response.  I will try out your suggestions and if I still have a problem, I will let you know.

Thanks for all your help!

Rachael A. Thomas
Science Instructor
Vantage Career Center
818 N. Franklin St.
Van Wert, OH 45891

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Flubaroo Discussion Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/flubaroo-discussion-forum/CAPWPTOSVXt%2BJYkjVkvSgpVJzUVmzdVO45LdnjhqTVuKOJJHxTQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Rob Nielson

Sep 20, 2021, 12:54:32 PM9/20/21
to Flubaroo Discussion Forum
When I create a question where the answers have the "shuffle option order" enabled and check boxes turned on (more than one possible correct answer), the answer is counted as wrong, even though they selected all of the correct checkboxes. So has anyone found a fix for this yet?

Thank you!

Rob Nielson

Sep 20, 2021, 12:57:23 PM9/20/21
to Flubaroo Discussion Forum
Also, they must select all possible correct answers or the entire answer is wrong.

Rachael Thomas

Sep 20, 2021, 1:01:56 PM9/20/21
to Flubaroo Discussion Forum
I decided that I'm going to turn off the "shuffle option order".

Rachael A. Thomas
Science Instructor
Vantage Career Center
818 N. Franklin St.
Van Wert, OH 45891

This message contains information which may be confidential and privileged. Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive messages for the addressee), you may not use, copy, or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message or its attachments. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply E-mail and delete this message and any attachments.

Joseph Schmidt

Sep 20, 2021, 4:38:50 PM9/20/21
to flubaroo discussions
This is a known problem.  If the students must select all of the boxes to be correct, you can use the %or condition to select the various orders that are in the Student Submissions.

If they have to select A&C to be correct then the answer key would be A, C %or C, A.

If someone would share an actual example, I will share it with Dave.  I don't know if he will be able to create a fix.  In the meantime, don't use the "shuffle option order" option.  There are multiple options such as "hand grading" or a variation.

Dave wrote and supports Flubaroo.  I just do my best to answer questions.

If you still have a problem please share the spreadsheet and form with flubar...@edcode.org with edit rights.

Dave or I will take a look.

Please include some detail about the problem so we can locate the problem quicker.

This message contains information which may be confidential and privileged. Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive messages for the addressee), you may not use, copy, or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message or its attachments. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply E-mail and delete this message and any attachments.

Rob Nielson

Sep 20, 2021, 5:27:22 PM9/20/21
to flubaroo-dis...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Joe.

The answer selection in question is a simple one where the kids watch me fingerspell (in sign) some letter combinations and must choose all of the ones I signed. Example:

Choices: (x = must choose this)

AM
AN
ET x
IN
IT x
OT x
AS
IS

With random order, even if they choose all of the three, if the answer sheet says ET, IT, OT and their answer is OT, ET, IT, then it is counted wrong. I tried to see if I could use %AND, but apparently that's not a function that is used.

I could remove the shuffle option order but would prefer to leave it. Thanks for your help!

http://aslwithrobnielson.com/ASL-sig.pngRob Nielson
ASL Teacher
Liberty Hill High School
website:  http://bit.ly/LHASL
twitter: http://twitter.com/LHHS_ASL

Joseph Schmidt

Sep 21, 2021, 12:37:50 AM9/21/21
to flubaroo discussions
If you still have a problem please share the spreadsheet and form with flubarooshare @ edcode.org with edit rights.

Dave or I will take a look.

Please include some detail about the problem so we can locate the problem quicker.

Flubaroo Joe

Sep 22, 2021, 10:01:33 AM9/22/21
to Flubaroo Discussion Forum
If you are using a CheckBox question and shuffling the answers, you will need to use the %CB operator.

See %CB checkbox questions  The %CB causes Flubaroo to search for the correct answers in any order.