Cheating?

CBee

Apr 20, 2013, 4:59:51 AM4/20/13
to flubaroo-dis...@googlegroups.com
I want to know how to keep students from sharing the quiz on smartphone from first period to sixth period. Or is that a problem?

PBekkerus

May 30, 2013, 12:34:25 AM5/30/13
to flubaroo-dis...@googlegroups.com
Just thinking out loud here, but what if you made a duplicate of the quiz, changed answers around on a few or all of the multiple choice answers, and then gave a different link to a different class?  Anyone who tried to use the previous link would have their answers submitted to the wrong class--busted!  If they used the new link but had already looked at the test questions and tried to answer them with the same answers, they would be wrong.

This, of course, doesn't prevent them from actually knowing the material so they can answer the questions correctly, but isn't that the point? :)

You might even try changing a couple of answers to short responses on the second period test, as that would reveal who really knows the material.  That would take a little longer to grade, but might ease your mind about cheating.

I'd love to hear if you had any other solutions.

Personally, I'd love Google to add the following features:  random test generators (picking questions from a bank of questions), mixing up correct answer choices (A vs. B or C), and finally, allowing multiple distractors that are entered at random (entering one correct answer, then 6 distractors, then each test generated would include the correct answer and three of the six distractors.  Dream world would be each question generating the correct answer, forcing a specific detractor, and then 2 more random distractors.  I've seen computer programs that do this, but they are specifically for education.  Google Forms seems to be more generic than that.  If they make it too complex, then they lose their appeal to the masses.

On Saturday, April 20, 2013 3:59:51 AM UTC-5, CBEE wrote:
I want to know how to keep students from sharing the quiz on smartphone from first period to sixth period. Or is that a problem?

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
  This email message, including any attachments,
is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. Furthermore, the e-mail system, equipment, network, back up files and records are property of the Denison Community School District.

LORA LEHMKUHL

May 30, 2013, 1:14:10 AM5/30/13
to flubaroo-dis...@googlegroups.com
Have you been offering google quizzes for long?  I have been using them for a long time.  When I first started using them, I allowed (and still do) students to take their quizzes at home or in class.  I had a student come to class and tell me that her mother helped her with the quiz and she didn't know half the answers.  She and her mother looked up most of the answers together.  The information was taught in class, the class notes were online, and I don't understand why she thought the quiz was difficult.  However, I realized this created a situation where mother and daughter were working together.  They were discussing the class content and researching together.    My student's mother made her search for the answers.  The mother learned too.  Win - Win!  I worried so much about cheating when I first started using Google quizzes.  I quickly learned that if they were cheating, they would be doing really well.  Those who take the time to cheat, as I'm sure some do, are probably "working together" and still learning as they go.

Lora Lehmkuhl
Family & Consumer Science
Linn-Mar Community School District

The information contained in this electronic communication is confidential, intended only for the use of the recipient named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please reply to the sender and delete the original message and any copy of it from your computer or facsimile system. Thank you.

Cathy Nix

May 30, 2013, 8:25:04 AM5/30/13
to flubaroo-dis...@googlegroups.com
Thanks so much. I agree, learning together is the option.

Cathy Nix
English 9
Whitewater High School

daniel lamack

Jan 12, 2024, 5:19:09 AMJan 12
to Flubaroo Discussion Forum

Victim of investment scams? 😱 Lost a fortune to fraudulent brokers? You're not alone! Discover the ultimate solution to reclaim your lost $893,000+ with the expert hacker, SWIFT FOX CODER! 💻🔍

🎥 In our latest video, witness the incredible journey of financial recovery and take control of your investments with SWIFT FOX CODER's guidance. Say NO to scam cycles and YES to your hard-earned money! 💸✨

🔗 Need help? Consult SWIFT FOX CODER here: https://swiftfoxcoder.wixsite.com/website

📧 Direct assistance: recover...@swiftfoxcoder.tech

💬 Telegram support: @TECHFOX99

From bank issues to social media hacks, Bitcoin recovery to credit score boosts, SWIFT FOX CODER is your shield against online frauds! 🛡️🌐 Get remote access to a cheating spouse's device and more exclusive hacking services!

Don't let scammers win. Watch our video and embark on your path to financial recovery! 🎥💪

#BitcoinRecovery #InvestmentScam #HackerHelp #SWIFTFOXCODER #ScamAlert #BinaryOptions #FundRecovery #TechSupport #CyberSecurity #FinancialFreedom #StopTheScam #GetYourMoneyBack #CryptoHelp

👉 LIKE, SHARE & SUBSCRIBE for the latest tips on investment protection and scam recovery! 👈

📌 Disclaimer: For informational purposes only, not legal advice.

🔔 Hit the bell to never miss our new videos!

---

Share your scam experiences below and join the fight against online frauds. Your story can empower others! 💬🤝

👍 Found this video useful? Thumbs up and alert others who might benefit from it! 👍

🌟 Stay vigilant and keep up with our channel for all you need to know about securing your online investments! 🌟