fltk on Chromebook

holm.h...@gmail.com

May 22, 2022, 3:34:39 AM5/22/22
to fltk.general

Hello,
I consider porting a fltk-program to run on a Cromebook (processor, MediaTeK MT8183 8-core).

Do anyone have experience on fltk / chromebook ?

I was thinking of compiling fltk using cygwin.

Best regards
Håvard

Ian MacArthur

May 22, 2022, 7:06:41 AM5/22/22
to Fltk General
Håvard

Don’t know if that’s been done? Anyone?

Also, why cygwin? Does it have a Chromebook mode or something? I wasn’t aware of that...
Or...?

FWIW, I’d have thought some sort of Linux target might be closer, since ChromeOS is almost Linux (but isn’t, of course) and some ChromeOS versions can run Linux apps and stuff.

holm.h...@gmail.com

May 25, 2022, 2:05:39 AM5/25/22
to fltk.general
Hi Ian,
I did not know the chromebook very well. It was however very easy to install a linux-virtual box, Crostini, which is a debian variant made for chromebook. After instaling some libraries, standard fltk compiles and runs just fine. fltk programs can be installed in the menu-system so that the user can start fltk-programs like other application - by pointing and clicking.

Best regards
Håvard