Fl_Input, Cursor blink

Apprentice

Oct 24, 2021, 3:32:41 AM10/24/21
to fltk.general
System: Linux, Slackware64 Current
Compiler: g++
Fltk: v.1.4.0

Good morning everybody!

In Fl_Input Is there any way to make the cursor blink?
I learned to do in the Fl_Text_Editor using show_cursor that does not exist in Fl_Input

Thanks!

Ian MacArthur

Oct 29, 2021, 6:47:46 AM10/29/21
to fltk.general
On Sunday, 24 October 2021 at 08:32:41 UTC+1 Apprentice wrote:

In Fl_Input Is there any way to make the cursor blink?
I learned to do in the Fl_Text_Editor using show_cursor that does not exist in Fl_Input

I don't think so - the Fl_Input widgets typically show a caret rather than a cursor, and the caret glyph is not of the blinking type, as it were...

I suppose you could derive your own widget from Fl_Input and change the draw method to render a blinking cursor rather than a caret, but...