Fl_Native_File_Chooser_GTK does not respect PREVIEW option

AB

Apr 4, 2022, 11:56:07 AM4/4/22
to fltk.general
Hi,

I noticed that `Fl_Native_File_Chooser_GTK` shows preview buttons (when `fl_register_images` has been called) even when the `PREVIEW` option has not been passed.

Is this intentional?

Ian MacArthur

Apr 4, 2022, 12:03:24 PM4/4/22
to fltk.general
Well...
I believe it's the documented behaviour, so, I guess so?

In practice, I think it's (at least in part) a consequence of trying to make a "one size fits all" sort of API to cover the supported platforms, and "embracing" the vagaries of the different interfaces we need to wrap. You can never please everybody, it turns out.

Manolo

Apr 5, 2022, 3:21:57 AM4/5/22
to fltk.general
The PREVIEW option was ignored by class  Fl_Native_File_Chooser_GTK. This should be fixed now in the git repo.

AB

Apr 5, 2022, 2:51:25 PM4/5/22
to fltk.general
Thanks for your efforts!