New Settings Dialog in FLUID, new Layout helpers

Matthias Melcher

Mar 19, 2023, 3:27:12 PM3/19/23
to fltk.general
Hi there,

I am putting quite some time in to modernise FLUID. If you have the time, I would appreciate if I can get some feedback to FLUID in the current 'master' branch.

FLUID has a brand new settings dialog now that consolidates five panels that were somewhat strewn all over. There are still some changes to be done for the 'Shell' tab, but the rest seems pretty viable to me. Every change takes effect immediately, and when keeping the dialog open, changes should also be visible instantly.

I also completely rewrote the Layout helpers. The snapping when moving or resizing widgets now makes a lot more sense, and snap offsets can be customised and stored in the user preferences, in the project file, or in a separate file, so layout guidelines can be distributed.

Every layout suite has three sets of guides, for the app window, dialog windows, and top boxes. Switching between suites and presets is done via the main menu "Layouts". Values can be modified in the settings window, where new layouts can be added as well.

Yes, I will still have to write the docs for that ;-)

Anyway, have fun out there!

 Matthias