Icons under Wayland

Gonzalo Garramuño

May 2, 2022, 11:05:12 PM5/2/22
to fltkg...@googlegroups.com
A recent commit to fltk1.4 says Manolo documented how to set icons under
Wayland.  However, I am unable to find it in the docs after I generate
them with doxygen.

Gonzalo Garramuño
ggar...@gmail.com

Manolo

May 3, 2022, 2:43:03 AM5/3/22
to fltk.general

Gonzalo Garramuño

May 3, 2022, 1:00:24 PM5/3/22
to fltkg...@googlegroups.com

El 3/5/22 a las 03:43, Manolo escribió:
> https://fltk.gitlab.io/fltk/osissues.html#osissues_wayland_window_icon

So, you have to create a .desktop file?  So, how does the icon get set
when the application is run command-line instead of from the Desktop?

--
Gonzalo Garramuño
ggar...@gmail.com

Manolo

May 4, 2022, 2:15:24 AM5/4/22
to fltk.general
Le mardi 3 mai 2022 à 19:00:24 UTC+2, ggar...@gmail.com a écrit :

El 3/5/22 a las 03:43, Manolo escribió:
> https://fltk.gitlab.io/fltk/osissues.html#osissues_wayland_window_icon

So, you have to create a .desktop file?  So, how does the icon get set
when the application is run command-line instead of from the Desktop?

Gonzalo Garramuño

It works, also when the app is run by a command line, at least with the gnome desktop.
The icon appears in the bar at the top of the display and in the list of "activities".
These things are handled by gnome.
The icon does not appear in the application window's titlebar, which is handled by libdecor.