FLTK 1.4 HEAD Linux Native File Chooser is crashing on me

Gonzalo Garramuño

Jan 25, 2023, 5:32:37 PM1/25/23
to fltkc...@googlegroups.com
Title says it all.  The Native Linux File Chooser is crashing on me.
Platform:  Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.  X11 only.  Not Wayland.

Can someone verify?

--
Gonzalo Garramuño
ggar...@gmail.com

Mo_Al_

Jan 26, 2023, 3:38:56 AM1/26/23
to fltk.coredev
On my kubuntu machine (20.04) I don't get a crash.
But there was a previous issue with libpng version mismatch:

If you're using CMake, try to reconfigure using -DOPTION_USE_SYSTEM_LIBPNG=OFF

Greg Ercolano

Jan 26, 2023, 11:34:12 AM1/26/23
to fltkc...@googlegroups.com

On 1/25/23 14:32, Gonzalo Garramuño wrote:

Title says it all.  The Native Linux File Chooser is crashing on me.  Platform:  Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.  X11 only.  Not Wayland.
Can someone verify?

I have Ubuntu 20.04.5 w/gnome and it works with current head with X11, no wayland.
I think I used to have 22.04, but I wiped it for another distro (redhat9).
So I don't have Ubuntu 22.04 -- Albrecht might?

More than just the distro determines which browser gets used, as linux
doesn't have an official native browser, FLTK chooses at runtime;
depends what's available.

More details would help:

    - What desktop - Gnome? KDE? (AFAIK on linux the native browser depends on the desktop)
    - Can it be replicated with test/native-chooser?
    - If so, does it crash just running the app, or when you click "Pick File", or..?

Gonzalo Garramuño

Jan 26, 2023, 12:56:35 PM1/26/23
to fltkc...@googlegroups.com

On 26/1/23 13:34, Greg Ercolano wrote:

> On 1/25/23 14:32, Gonzalo Garramuño wrote:
>
>> Title says it all.  The Native Linux File Chooser is crashing on me.
>> Platform:  Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.  X11 only.  Not Wayland.
>> Can someone verify?

I find the demo test program works for me, but the problem is the
pattern matching sent to it that makes it crash in my application. I
currently don't have time to look into it.

--
Gonzalo Garramuño
ggar...@gmail.com