FLTK 1.3.6 Release Candidate 2 is now available for download and testing

Albrecht Schlosser

May 4, 2021, 3:20:55 PM5/4/21
to fltk.coredev
CHANGES IN FLTK 1.3.6rc2 RELEASED: May 04 2021

FLTK 1.3.6rc2 fixes some minor issues in 1.3.6rc1, particularly macOS
bundle generation. It addresses an issue that bundles can't be executed
on macOS 11.3 Big Sur if built with configure/make after downloading
the release tarball because of the macOS "quarantine" feature.

Details:

Albrecht Schlosser:
Rename file 'VERSION' to 'fltk_version.dat' (#191)
Fix version number in doxygen docs
Fix build with Cairo for CMake < 3.13
CMake: fix old (pre 3.13) link_directories() usage
Enhance CMake build configuration summary
Refactor macOS bundle generation to avoid "quarantine"
Fix a new compiler warning

CHANGES IN FLTK 1.3.6rc1 RELEASED: Apr 26 2021

FLTK 1.3.6 is a maintenance release with new macOS Big Sur support
and some bug fixes. macOS Big Sur is supported on both Intel and the
new Apple Silicon (M1) chips.

CMake support has been improved but is not yet "perfect". Documentation
has been enhanced, bundled image libraries have been updated to current
versions.

The following lists are subsets of all commits. References in '(...)'
are either STR numbers (STR xxxx) or GitHub Issues or Pull Requests
(#nnn).

Bug fixes and other improvements

Albrecht Schlosser:
Fix Fl::add_timeout() in draw() under Linux (STR 3188)
X11: Fix X Input Methods (XIM) (STR 3502, 3192)
Fix overly restrictive JPEG filter (#81)
Fix DND in read-only Fl_Input (Fl_Output) (#113)
Fix offscreen drawing under X11 (STR 3384)
Fix potential fluid crashes (STR 3420) + memory leak
Fix X11 copy-paste and drag-and-drop target selection (#182)
Fix CMake install procedure (#212)
Avoid "Bogus FL_MOVE/FL_DRAG events" (#76)
CMake: Document FLTKConfig.cmake and set FLTK_INCLUDE_DIR

Greg Ercolano:
Fix issue92, added -d debug flag to fluid (#92)
Merge pull request #176 from ComputerNerd/errmsg-fix-13

ManoloFLTK:
X11: add support for copy+paste of image within one app
Windows: add bitmap version of graphics when copying to clipboard
Fix use of Xrender extension with old, 16-bit framebuffers.
Fix for Fl_Native_File_Chooser under macOS 10.15 Catalina and ...
Restore macOS capacity to turn window fullscreen encompassing
several screens.
Improve Fl_Copy_Surface under macOS
Set OPTION_USE_SYSTEM_LIBPNG/JPEG off under macOS by default
Have Fl_Pack::draw() call Fl_Group::init_sizes() on its parent group.
CMake support of the Darwin+XQuartz test platform
Add support of macOS "Big Sur" 11.0
Fix when building with SDK 10.15 and running with 11.0 Big Sur
Backport fix for issue #185 "Shared Image reload() loses initial
dimensions" from branch 1.4
Fix fl_endpoints() for macOS platform that was not effective.
Fix stack corruption when loading GIF (pull request #200)
Restore ./configure --enable-x11 on macOS
Fix crash when terminating any macOS app by cmd-Q

OKAMURA, Yasunobu:
Fix JIS Keyboard dead keys

Ian MacArthur

May 4, 2021, 5:18:35 PM5/4/21
to coredev fltk
On 4 May 2021, at 20:20, Albrecht Schlosser wrote:

> CHANGES IN FLTK 1.3.6rc2 RELEASED: May 04 2021
>
> FLTK 1.3.6rc2 fixes some minor issues in 1.3.6rc1, particularly macOS
> bundle generation. It addresses an issue that bundles can't be executed
> on macOS 11.3 Big Sur if built with configure/make after downloading
> the release tarball because of the macOS "quarantine" feature.

Never had a chance to test earlier, but for the record just tried this (downloaded via Safari) on my old Mac (10.13.6) and all was well, AFAICT, with both configure and cmake builds.

Manolo

May 11, 2021, 3:44:18 AM5/11/21
to fltk.coredev
OK here on macOS 11.2 for FLTK 1.3.6rc2 :
I tried 4 builds with configure and CMake, for Quartz and for X11.

OK also under Windows XP 32-bit (via VirtualBox) for configure-based build.

Albrecht Schlosser

May 11, 2021, 4:22:32 AM5/11/21
to fltkc...@googlegroups.com
Great, it's good to see that 1.3.6 can be built even on such old systems
as WinXP.

Thanks for testing again to you and all other testers.

Since we didn't get any bug reports since 1.3.6rc2 I scheduled the

final release on Sat, May 15, 2021

unless there are further bug reports which would trigger a new RC.

Manolo

May 14, 2021, 5:17:02 AM5/14/21
to fltk.coredev
RC2 also OK with macOS 11.3.1 on Intel hardware.