improve fltk website design

Christian Nguewo

Jul 14, 2022, 8:05:19 PM7/14/22
to fltk.coredev
please who maintains fltk website i this it would be necessary to do a github repository for fltk website

Greg Ercolano

Jul 14, 2022, 8:09:43 PM7/14/22
to fltkc...@googlegroups.com

On 7/14/22 16:54, Christian Nguewo wrote:

please who maintains fltk website i this it would be necessary to do a github repository for fltk website --

    For security reasons we don't expose the PHP source that runs the website on github;
    we keep the git repo for the website for dev only access.

    However, feel free to make your own HTML suggestions on your own github repo,
    and we'll consider integrating it.

    You can start small with just the layout of the main page/menus, and show us what
    you're thinking of, and if it looks good and people like it, we can help you integrate
    the changes into the site.

Albrecht Schlosser

Jul 16, 2022, 8:55:03 AM7/16/22
to fltkc...@googlegroups.com
On 7/15/22 02:09 Greg Ercolano wrote:

On 7/14/22 16:54, Christian Nguewo wrote:

please who maintains fltk website i this it would be necessary to do a github repository for fltk website --

    For security reasons we don't expose the PHP source that runs the website on github;
    we keep the git repo for the website for dev only access.

    However, feel free to make your own HTML suggestions on your own github repo,
    and we'll consider integrating it.

FYI: Christian posted a link to his GitHub repo on Matrix:
https://matrix.to/#/!eTrnuPUpwfBOSUEOyI:matrix.org (this link may work or not for you)
https://github.com/Christ118/fltkdesign

I'm copying an excerpt of my reply from Matrix to fltk.coredev for reference:

"Looks nice at a first glance, i.e. in a standard web browser. I understand that this would only be a beginning (proof of concept) but what we'd really need is a responsive design which users can also work with on small devices (smartphones, tablets). For further discussion please post your news on fltk.coredev (where you asked for the maintainer(s)) because this is the only source the developers (Greg and me) are reading regularly."

Christian replied:

"
i can make it responsive but i wanted to show you a sketch of the design first, ..."

I asked him to move to fltk.coredev for further discussion.