Gettext bug in menus

Gonzalo Garramuno

Feb 23, 2022, 9:44:54 PM2/23/22
to fltkc...@googlegroups.com
Currently, the latest fltk1.4 still has a bug in the menus in that the static array does not get created with _(“menu text”) in it, but with just parenthesis, which means the gettext utility does not know it exists and does not extract that menu.

Gonzalo Garramuno
ggar...@gmail.com

Gonzalo Garramuno

Feb 23, 2022, 10:00:42 PM2/23/22
to fltkc...@googlegroups.com

> El 23 feb. 2022, a las 23:44, Gonzalo Garramuno <ggar...@gmail.com> escribió:
>
> Currently, the latest fltk1.4 still has a bug in the menus in that the static array does not get created with _(“menu text”) in it, but with just parenthesis, which means the gettext utility does not know it exists and does not extract that menu.

Never mind. I just checked the new project settings which has a setting for this.

Gonzalo Garramuno
ggar...@gmail.com

melcher....@googlemail.com

Feb 24, 2022, 2:42:38 AM2/24/22
to fltk.coredev
Thanks for testing this. The default should be set to `gettext_noop`. Did it not set a default for you?

 - Matthias

Gonzalo Garramuno

Feb 24, 2022, 3:51:06 AM2/24/22
to fltkc...@googlegroups.com
No.  It had an empty string instado of gettext_noop. Probablý bécaúse it was an old project.