FLTK 1.4 Wayland events on top windows? Bug, expected behavior or...?

Gonzalo Garramuño

May 27, 2024, 2:49:48 PMMay 27
to fltkc...@googlegroups.com
Okay.  I am seeing a weird behavior on Wayland top windows in latest
FLTK 1.4 HEAD.    I have my program to the left and the console to the
right with the event shown.

My understanding is the Wayland's top windows cannot be re-positioned,
yet something magically is allowing me to reposition them.

I am using a top level borderless window (a dockable window) with a drag
bar button to move them around, by using window->position(xroot,
yroot).  The screen capture of my console show the events that my drag
bar button receives.

My code under X11 (XWayland) works perfectly as seen here:

https://mega.nz/file/PaJnjJpL#Kbycq_G8ZVq5bbRYAMcWmwyR_D6BdiYQrqFlLZ99RXQ

However, under Wayland I see this weird behavior:

https://mega.nz/file/DSZSFLRK#t2SdgWzoCUDDYHnzXMIFkduOQoxnqX4VWbb8dD9NdrU

- The window when opened does not respect its position (expected behavior).

- When doing an FL_PUSH and then FL_DRAG of my drag bar button, it is
only called once and then no more.

   So in, theory window->position(xroot, yroot) should *NOT* be possible.

   Yet something allows me to reposition my floating dock window,
**WITHOUT** calling FL_DRAG on my drag bar button.  FL_DRAG is called
only once.  This is what has me stumped.

   When I release the mouse button, FLTK keeps sending FL_DRAG messages
to my drag bar button, even though no button is pressed.

Anyway, Manolo, I'll try to see if I can create small stand-alone
example and open an issue for it.

Gonzalo Garramuño

May 27, 2024, 8:18:51 PMMay 27
to fltkc...@googlegroups.com
El 27/5/24 a las 15:49, Gonzalo Garramuño escribió:
> Okay.  I am seeing a weird behavior on Wayland top windows in latest
> FLTK 1.4 HEAD.    I have my program to the left and the console to the
> right with the event shown.
I've opened an issue with a "simple" (cough!) example as Issue #983.