Please allow us to use qt/kde file picker instead of GTK.

Zeke Williams

Oct 6, 2021, 12:44:42 PM10/6/21
to fltk.coredev
The GTK file picker is hardly an improvement over the stock FLTK file picker. On windows/MacOS it's better, but with GTK you get essentially the same file picker because GTK doesn't allow icon view with the file picker, it only allows list view with a preview on a clicked on file. Why not instead allow us to compile in the qt/kde file picker for native file picker that has actual thumbnail support? People already try to use portals with GTK to use the KDE file picker.

Albrecht Schlosser

Oct 6, 2021, 12:53:29 PM10/6/21
to fltkc...@googlegroups.com
I believe this is related to GitHub Issue #278
(https://github.com/fltk/fltk/issues/278). I referred the OP to
fltk.coredev for discussion. All substantial results of this discussion
should be posted to issue #278.

I'm afraid I can't help much because I'm not using a system with KDE.

Ian MacArthur

Oct 6, 2021, 2:21:25 PM10/6/21
to coredev fltk
Further, I’m not sure we even have anyone with a great deal of experience programming for KDE and/or QT, so I don't think there’s really anyone around here who could work on this.

Though, as ever, patches welcome!

Manolo

Dec 3, 2021, 11:32:52 AM12/3/21
to fltk.coredev
Le mercredi 6 octobre 2021 à 18:44:42 UTC+2, lake...@gmail.com a écrit :
The GTK file picker is hardly an improvement over the stock FLTK file picker. On windows/MacOS it's better, but with GTK you get essentially the same file picker because GTK doesn't allow icon view with the file picker, it only allows list view with a preview on a clicked on file. Why not instead allow us to compile in the qt/kde file picker for native file picker that has actual thumbnail support? People already try to use portals with GTK to use the KDE file picker.

Please, see my reply in   https://github.com/fltk/fltk/issues/278
with a proposed fix.