Best way to have a "total" bar for a stacked bar chart?

Liam Ryan

Feb 16, 2015, 8:26:37 AM2/16/15
to flo...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I'm creating a stacked bar chart and I wish to have a "total" bar which will be visible when elements of the stacked bar chart are hidden. I have tried setting the total to stacked: false and the subtotals to stacked:true but I get strange artifacts when mousing over.

What would be the recommended way to achieve this ?

Regards,
Liam

Liam Ryan

Feb 16, 2015, 10:52:39 AM2/16/15
to flo...@googlegroups.com
Here's a pen showing that mousing over acts incorrectly with stacked bars. I've also noticed that the outline is shown at the incorrect point if I am hiding series and mousing over (not in this pen )

Liam Ryan

Feb 17, 2015, 6:20:09 AM2/17/15
to flo...@googlegroups.com
Since there haven't been any replies I thought I would try to explain what I'm aiming for.

I have several series - debit, credit, mortgage, wages and electricity. I want to have two bars for each day, one bar shows the stacked wages with debit shown as the "total" for the day. The other bar shows stacked mortgage and electricity and shows the credit as the "total" for the day. I will be giving users the ability to hide or show series and redraw the graph.

So far I can get everything stacked or everything grouped but with bugs on mouseover. Can anyone give me some pointers?