Latest Release

S.G.

Aug 14, 2019, 1:28:10 PM8/14/19
to Flot graphs
Dear Helpers,

I'm a little bit confused.
On GitHub the latest release is v0.8.3 from 2014. Since then newer releases were published. When I download them there are no minified files.
On https://plugins.jquery.com/flot/ v0.8.3 is also the latest release.

Which version should I use? If I should use a newer release than v0.8.3, where can I get minified versions of it?

Thank you very much!
SG

andre...@ni.com

Aug 14, 2019, 1:39:21 PM8/14/19
to Flot graphs
The latest npm package is 3.2.7. The built version of jquery.flot.js is in dist/es5 and is transpiled for es5 and minified. Where are you seeing v0.8.3?

Japheth Cleaver

Aug 21, 2019, 11:15:04 AM8/21/19
to Flot graphs
The "latest release" marker in Github still points to 0.8.3 -- the box should be visible here: https://github.com/flot/flot/releases?after=v2.1.5

I agree things are a bit confusing. Was this a fork ("engineering-flot") at one point that was re-integrated back into mainline? Trying to trace back the history and possibly poke Fedora for an update to the nodejs-flot package, which remains at that release, however there have obviously been lots of changes since then. If the "latest release" does get updated, it might be helpful for a small FAQ update with any clear gotchas for that jump.

[root@f30 /]# rpm -qa nodejs-flot
nodejs-flot-0.8.3-9.fc30.noarch
[root@f30 nodejs-flot]# ls -l
total 44
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 40290 Apr 21  2014 NEWS.md
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root  3782 Apr 21  2014 README.md

Also, the NEWS link on the main page may need to be updated to CHANGELOG, given the note in the Changelog itself.

-jc

Japheth Cleaver

Aug 26, 2019, 6:06:45 PM8/26/19
to Flot graphs
Just for clarification, this is probably the source of plenty of other automated tooling out there. In particular, the version of flot on CDNJS appears to track "latest" from Git. Hopefully it keeps prior versions around there for forever, but any re-tagging of current revs as "latest" should be handled very, very carefully given that it could break downstream code.

-jc