Migration help please

colinuu

Oct 7, 2019, 7:57:32 PM10/7/19
to Flot graphs
Firstly, it is great to see the Flot project has been picked up again. Thanks to all involved.

I am attempting to bring a 0.8.3 chart project up to date before extending it's functionality. I have come across two issues at this point for which I can't find a resolution in the available documentation or examples.

1. In 0.8.3, we could have <br/> in the text of a tick label to spread the label over multiple lines. This is now broken due to using SVG, and I haven't been successful in looking for a work around. CHANGELOG mentions a bug fix at 1.0.4 "Multi lines labels", however I don't know if that is related to my issue, and there is nothing more said about it anyway.

2. The new Legend has excessive white space to the right of the series labels, when the legend is located over the graph area ("nw" etc). It is obvious in the plot-legend example iif you change noColumns to 1. Any work around for this?

Thanks all.

Jonathan Meyer

Oct 8, 2019, 5:34:29 PM10/8/19
to Flot graphs
Hey Colin. I just wanted to let you know that I'm going to try and look into your issues as soon as I can. I just have other priorities at the moment. It should be this week though. If others see this, please don't let this stop you from also attempting to help Colin out. :)

colinuu

Oct 8, 2019, 5:59:49 PM10/8/19
to Flot graphs

Thanks for that Jonathan.

While I think of it - I am also interested to know if there is any facility built in to allow customisation of the series icons that show in the legend.

Thanks and regards,

colinuu

Oct 20, 2019, 5:28:37 PM10/20/19
to Flot graphs
Jonathan - did you get a chance to look into my issues?

At this point I have a temporary work around for the excessive whitespace problem, but am still stuck on the tick label multiple lines. If there is no solution forthcoming I will probably have to revert to the 0.8.3 version.

Thanks,
Colin

colinuu

Oct 29, 2019, 6:53:21 PM10/29/19
to Flot graphs
In case someone comes by here with the multi-line tick label issue - the solution is simple. Instead of <br/>, use <br>. Thanks for help from Jonathan.