IT Dept. of Kerala calling for FOSS Projects with grant

Rahul Raj

Dec 28, 2009, 7:06:42 AM12/28/09
to FLOSS CELL CEC, flos...@freelists.org
Hi there.

I just saw this notice in a  group. IT department of Kerala initiated a scheme called Foster Kerala. Seems this is a good option for the FLOSS cell of our college for a break. I really look forward for a positive outcome. Please see the attached file.

-
Rahul Raj
College of Engineering Chengannur
rahu...@ieee.org
+91 9495 315 653
GO(Rt)No.252-2009-ITD+dt.+23.11.2009+-+FOSTER+KERALA.pdf

Githin Alapatt

Dec 29, 2009, 11:23:02 AM12/29/09
to flos...@freelists.org, FLOSS CELL CEC
That is exciting. I would be very happy to see something really good
from CEC. So, what is the plan?

Thanks
Githin

--
http://www.ces.clemson.edu/~galapat/

Githin Alapatt

Dec 29, 2009, 12:12:59 PM12/29/09
to FLOSS CELL CEC
Guys,

We have someone to help also. SPACE works with Govt. agencies
regarding free software.

The ideas Vimal mentioned are really good. You can think about
something else also.

Githin

Jan 1, 2010, 5:00:05 AM1/1/10
to rahul...@gmail.com, FLOSS CELL CEC

Does any one know whens the last date.

We could think up of a project to work as a team for the this funding. Could help increase the reputation of FLOSS and also use the training grand to bring resource persons to the college to train the students.

Friendly greetings,

Harisankar P S

Rahul Raj

Jan 1, 2010, 8:14:12 AM1/1/10
to Harisankar P S, FLOSS CELL CEC
Hi,

By now, the order might have reached our institution. Get advice from principal for further proceedings as we have only the abstract.

-
Rahul Raj
College of Engineering Chengannur
rahu...@ieee.org
+91 9495 315 653

Arunanand T A

Jan 1, 2010, 9:09:49 AM1/1/10
to rahul...@gmail.com, Harisankar P S, FLOSS CELL CEC

Hi,

@ Rahul,

Are you sure that it has reached the office? I mean, whether they send it to offices directly?

@ CECians,

We must not waste this opportunity. I hope the office bearers will make it a point to prepare the necessary documents so that CEC will be the one among 80.

Thanking you,

Best Regards,

Arunanand T A
College of Engineering Chengannur, 2006-10 CS.
Email: arun...@gmail.com
Mobile: +91 - 9495087682
Res. Tel: +91 - 484 - 2496641
CEC Blog: http://ceconline.wordpress.com

Chairman,
Students' Executive Senate 2009-10 (http://ceconline.edu/senate)
College of Engineering Chengannnur, Kerala (http://www.ceconline.edu)

Sent from Kerala, India
Charles de Gaulle  - "The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs."

Rahul Raj

Jan 1, 2010, 10:06:39 AM1/1/10
to Arunanand T A, Harisankar P S, FLOSS CELL CEC
Arun-
Document says its supposed to be dispatched to "All Engineering Colleges" but do not say when and how. I talked with principal two days back and he replied he will put it in public notice when it arrives. I do not know the status.
-Rahul

-
Rahul Raj
College of Engineering Chengannur
rahu...@ieee.org
+91 9495 315 653

Rahul Raj

Jan 1, 2010, 10:14:56 AM1/1/10
to FLOSS CELL CEC
Hi all,
I got some additional information from Anil Kumar Sir after his discussion with IT Secretary about this project. Please find the attached file from him. Keep in mind not to circulate this doc outside our group (CEC)

-
Rahul Raj
College of Engineering Chengannur
rahu...@ieee.org