Events this week

Ryan Price

Mar 4, 2008, 12:35:58 PM3/4/08
to Florida Creatives
Every month, tons of events happen in Orlando. We post lots of them on
this site, and sometimes people attend. This month, our group or our
members are planning some cool things:

*Florida Creatives @ Enzian FilmSLAM (2008/03/09)

Second Sundays, Enzian has an event for local Florida filmmakers
to showcase their work. It costs just $5 to get in, and you get to see
a half-dozen or so new short films. At the end you get to vote on
which one you think should get shown at the Brouhaha Grand Slam in
December. Enzian even has food and drinks available because they don't
want to hear grumbling tummies over the films.

Then we go across the street to Copper Rocket - you meet some
filmmakers, some filmmakers meet all of us, we have fun.

FilmSlam - 3/9 1PM at Enzian - http://www.enzian.org/films/filmslam.html
Happy Hour - 3/9 3PM at Copper Rocket - http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/445988

*Florida Creatives @ OMA First Thursdays (2008/03/06)

On the first Thursday of the month, the Orlando Museum of Art
opens their galleries up late and has a themed exhibit in the front
room - the theme this month is "Beat-niks & Bongos: Abstract Art". I
believe admission is $9 for non-members. There are food and drinks
available for additional monies. 3/6 6-9PM at Loch Haven Park -
http://www.omart.org/events/events.thursdays.html

First Thursdays are also when Dandelion CommuniTEA has their art
openings, immediately following First Thursday. Dandelion is behind
Colonial Photo and Hobby on Mills (they are on Thornton).

*Coworking Tuesdays

This is a new event that will hopefully coalesce itself into
tradition in the coming months. Anyone who works out of their living
room is invited to work outside their living room by joining some
other folks in the same boat every Tuesday... somewhere. A regular
location will emerge, I'm sure. We had settled on B&S Daily Market,
but Manny has admitted defeat and closed up shop. Watch this space,
the Coworking Wiki and Coworking Mailing List for more details.
http://wiki.coworking.info/CoworkingOrlando
http://floridacreatives.com/archives/groups.google.com/group/coworking-orlando

*Florida Creatives Happy Hour (2008/03/17)

Yes, it comes around so quickly, doesn't it? We get together at
the Crooked Bayou every month from 6-9 PM so you always have a place
to meet new people and catch up with folks. It's important to our
community to have these Third Places (not home or work/school) to
gather and visit. If you've never been or you feel like it's been too
ling since you've been around, there's never a better time to make a
habit of attending.
RSVP - http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/421607

This is the last Florida Creatives before BarCampOrlando goes
down on April 5th & 6th, so you'll want to attend if you're interested
in assisting with planning activities, passing out fliers or doing any
other publicity. I also believe that will be the last week to find
sponsors.
http://barcamporlando.com/