February Events

1 view

Ryan Price

Feb 7, 2008, 6:10:12 PM2/7/08
to Florida Creatives
Here are some events to watch for in February. Florida Creatives is on
the 18th, but there are lots of other great things happening.

Apartment E's 15th Anniversary Party
http://apartmente.com/
Frankie Messina has been gathering together Orlando's creative
community for meetups, events, and sending them to support arts, music
and culture around the city for 15 years now, and they're celebrating
with a big party and some live music.
Details:
Saturday, February 9th, 7:00 - 11:00 PM
Moose Lodge Family Center, 5665 S Orange Ave

Artsy Happy Hour
http://www.evite.com/pages/invite/viewInvite.jsp?inviteId=QXICGTXZRBEBOVFWMVDO
Every month, some folks from the United Arts of Central Florida (which
is primarily associated with theatre) get together for a bit of a
happy hour. It's always on a Wednesday, and they used to do it in
Winter Park at the Wine Room, but now Taste and College Park are home
to this event.
Details:
Wednesday, February 13th, 5:30 PM
TASTE College Park, 717 W. Smith St.

likemind.orl
http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/421608/
Likemind is our coffee morning - we try to get together before work
downtown, for the folks that need to get to work early to get some
free coffee and snacks. If you're around later in the day, the market
has a fun collection of gourmet hot dogs named after real dogs.
Details:
Friday, February 15th, 8:00 - 11:00 AM
B & S Daily Market, 47 E Robinson St

**Florida Creatives Happy Hour**
http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/421607/
It's networking, it's beer, it's fried pickles, tater tots and cajun
cuisine, all in the middle of downtown Orlando. It's always a good
time, and this month I've been working to try and get some people back
who we haven't seen in a few months. I've also been talking to a guy
from Jacksonville (brewgroup.org) about starting a Florida Creatives
up there.
Details:
Monday, February 18th, 6:00 - 9:00 PM
Crooked Bayou, 50 E Central Blvd

Green Drinks Meetup
http://socialnetwork.meetup.com/393/calendar/7139662/
"Meet folks like you from government, business, non-profits, academia,
and all walks of life who are interested in making OurLando more
sustainable. A featured speaker plus local organic beer at OurLando's
favorite organic cafe with an eco-attitude!"
Details:
Thursday, February 21st, 7:00 PM
Dandelion CommuniTEA, 618 N Thornton Ave

Podcasting Meetup
http://podcasting.meetup.com/94/calendar/7143350/
Steve Smith has been teaching a podcasting class at Orange County
Public Schools' Tech Center for the last several months, and he has
also started running a podcast meetup at the school. They have a full-
featured recording studio for audio as well as video, and they also
create several live streaming shows from the school. Check out a
podcast interview with Steve on the Florida Creatives site if you want
to hear more. http://floridacreatives.com/archives/81
Details:
Thursday, February 21st, 7:00 PM
Orlando Tech, 301 West Amelia St

If you've got something you want to promote here, please let me know.
You can also check out a page with upcoming Tech-related events at
FloridaCreatives.com/events, or by checking this RSS Feed
http://feeds.feedburner.com/CFLTechEvents
This list is compiled by Gregg Pollack from the Ruby User's Group.

Peace,
Ryan Price
FloridaCreatives.com

Rebekah Lane

Feb 7, 2008, 7:48:10 PM2/7/08
to florida-...@googlegroups.com
good list.  I'll actually be in town for some of it, so I'll try to make it out!  talk to  you soon,

Becky
--
Rebekah Lane
813-714-1400