BlogOrlando: Save the Date, LinkedIn

1 view

Ryan Price

Jul 9, 2008, 11:32:32 AM7/9/08
to Florida Creatives
You may have seen this on the Florida Creatives site if you are
registered there, but for those who haven't, I've got two bits of news
to share.

The dates for BlogOrlando have been announced. Held at Rollins College
from Sept 25-27th, with the main event being held on Saturday the 27th
(not Friday like previous years). If you haven't been to BlogOrlando
yet, it's a really fantastic introduction to the world of blogging,
and there should be lots of fun surprises this year. Last year there
were some great discussions, and a few keynote presentations by folks
like Shel Israel and Chris Huer (google their names).

Josh Hallet, the man behind the unconference, says registration should
be open soon. You should be able to take care of that at
BlogOrlando.com

Another small note is our Florida Creatives presence on LinkedIn, the
professinal social networking... thing. It turns out there are lots of
Florida Creatives members on that site, so Marc Rapp was kind enough
to create a group for us.

If you are on this mailing list, you should be instantly approved to
join the group. If not, you'll have to wait for me to push a button,
but then you get a fun icon for your profile.

View a list of all the group members at
http://www.linkedin.com/search?search=&sortCriteria=3&groupFilter=103501
(login required)

The next Likemind coffee morning at Lake Eola Panera Bread will be
Friday, July 18th from 8AM to 11AM.

The next Florida Creatives Happy Hour at the Crooked Bayou will be
Monday, July 21st from 6PM to 9PM.

I don't believe the Brevard East Coast or Jacksonville groups have
scheduled their next events yet. Jacksonville has Likemind on the same
day as Orlando, along with 50 other cities around the globe.

If you have anything to share here, please feel free. Like I said last
time, we now have a place on the Florida Creatives site just for jobs,
so please keep job posts off this list. http://floridacreatives.com/group/jobs

Peace,
Ryan Price
FloridaCreatives.com

David Rogers

Jul 9, 2008, 12:01:10 PM7/9/08
to florida-...@googlegroups.com
It's also worth noting that the next Likemind meeting also falls on the birthday of one Ryan Price (perhaps you've heard of him?), so expect to buy him a round that morning...! :D

David Rogers
Development Lead

HYDRA
407.936.1749 -  Office