Brevard, Jax, Jobs, BBQ

Ryan Price

Jul 3, 2008, 10:15:20 AM7/3/08
to Florida Creatives
Hello again Creatives,

Just some updates from FloridaCreatives.com for those who may not have
registered for the new website yet, what are you waiting for? There is
some actual discussion happening, a few folks are posting blogs, and
new groups are sprouting up everywhere.

The big news is the Brevard East Coast Creatives group, now with 17
members in less than 2 weeks. Lawrence Salberg created the group, and
one of our veterans, Alex Rudloff, has recently moved to the area as
well. We should expect to see their group doing some fun stuff on the
coast.
http://floridacreatives.com/group/brevard

Jacksonville's group has actually gone one step further by having a
meetup or two already - Chris Wojda, the organizer of Likemind.jax,
and Marc Rapp, who was one of the original 8 Florida Creatives, have
started gathering some membership up North. If you're in the area, or
you can forward the note on to friends, please, lend them your
support.
http://floridacreatives.com/group/jacksonville

As for you other Florida regions, get on the ball!
http://floridacreatives.com/node/add/group_home_page - anyone can add
any group.

Now that we have this fancy groups site I am starting to test what we
can do with the thing. Someone sent me yet another message like "Hey,
you must know someone looking for X type of work, especially through
Florida Creatives". This made me spring into action, and now we have a
group exclusively for posting jobs, or that you're available to work.
It's open-ended, you could also use the message board to discuss
career moves, blog about an employer (good or bad), create a wiki of
companies you've got some inside info on, or whatever you like.
Everyone is an editor on this site.

In other news, there is a discussion in the forums about having the
first Florida Creatives Barbecue in about a month over on the East
Coast. If you have anything to add, we'd love your input.
http://floridacreatives.com/forum/events/2008/florida-creatives-barbecuepicnic

Last but not least, don't forget that Florida Creatives Happy Hour
(Orlando) will be on Monday, July 21st at Crooked Bayou, 6-9PM - put
it on your calendar or something.

Peace,
Ryan Price
FloridaCreatives.com