Have you ever been to Likemind?

Ryan Price

Oct 28, 2008, 3:41:31 PM10/28/08
to Florida Creatives
Hey Florida Creatives,

By now I'm sure you all know about our monthly Happy Hour at the
Crooked Bayou every third Monday. FYI the next one is Nov 17th at 6PM.

However, another event we're doing here has a different focus, and is
actually way more successful on an international level. It's called
Likemind, and every month, folks in 55+ cities all over the globe,
from Detroit to Moscow and Jakarta to Cape Town sit down to have a
good conversation with likeminded people.

Likemind was actually featured in the New York times last week, and I
wrote a post on the Florida Creatives site about it: http://is.gd/51zY

You can also read the full NYT article here: http://is.gd/51Ak

Unlike Florida Creatives, Likemind does not try to classify the
attendees at all. You are given a nametag and some free coffee, and
off you go. Likemind is often popular in areas where traditional
"networking" events with business cards saturate the space, and
therefore some time to just have a conversation is very welcome.

The next likemind globally will take place on Friday, December 5th.
Orlando's Likemind is at the Panera Bread on Lake Eola and gets
started at 8AM.

Normally, Likemind falls on the Third Friday of the month globally,
but the organizers realise that November and December are crazy travel
months for everyone, so that's where the change of date comes from.

One final point: if you have not yet created an account on the
FloridaCreatives.com website, please do so. All members are welcome to
post any relevant information, start a discussion in the message
boards, create a group (there has been some recent activity in the
"Graphics Hackers" group, for example http://is.gd/51C6 so check that
out), add wiki pages, submit an episode to the Florida Creatives
podcast, or upload samples of their work to the portfolio section of
the site.

We are working on a new design for the site that should call out more
of these features, and if you would like to help by participating in a
discussion or contributing some time, please refer to this discussion
on the site: http://is.gd/51EJ

Thanks for 2 awesome years of your input, ideas, friendship and
support. This group is reaching a new plateau, it is entirely due to
our members, whom we ask little of, but who give us so much.

Peace,
Ryan Price
FloridaCreatives.com