How do I remove a Shared Group

Chris Johnson

Jan 5, 2015, 10:22:47 PM1/5/15
to flore...@googlegroups.com
I see I can remove all of the subscribers from a Shared Group, which removes the contact group from the user's Google account.

How can I remove the Shared Group from the Shared Groups app?  There is no delete/trash/remove option.

Interestingly, I can remove the name (make it blank)... but it's still present in the Shared Groups "My Groups" list.

Daniel Florey

Jan 6, 2015, 11:56:22 AM1/6/15
to floreysoft GmbH
Please select the group and then click on the Remove button in the top section (where you create new groups).

Chris Johnson

Jan 6, 2015, 11:53:09 PM1/6/15
to flore...@googlegroups.com
Thanks.  I couldn't see the button for some reason...

admini...@emocompanies.com

Jan 13, 2015, 12:22:20 PM1/13/15
to flore...@googlegroups.com
We need screen shots of each step, please.

Chris Johnson

Jan 13, 2015, 12:30:43 PM1/13/15
to flore...@googlegroups.com
Here you go...
1.  Click on the groups you want to delete
2.  Click the remove button

Doug Administrator

Jan 13, 2015, 3:23:28 PM1/13/15
to flore...@googlegroups.com
This is not the Google layout and terminology.  Look at the attached file with the Google Interface i have to deal with.

Thanks
20150113130500.pdf

Doug Garthwait

Jan 14, 2015, 12:38:58 PM1/14/15
to flore...@googlegroups.com
I am still not seeing the option you are seeing.  I have attached another instruction go by that I am following.  Please redirect me where I have gone Wrong.
Doug

On Monday, January 5, 2015 at 10:22:47 PM UTC-5, Chris Johnson wrote:
20150114121813.pdf

Chris Johnson

Jan 15, 2015, 12:24:47 AM1/15/15
to flore...@googlegroups.com
I think you're getting confused between two different group sharing technologies.

Google Apps provides an API to share groups.  Several companies have written code to exercise these APIs, but there is no built-in way to share groups in Google Apps.  The free ones are awful.

This forum is here to support an alternative group sharing service that works with all gmail accounts (Google Apps and plain-old GMail).  This service is sharedgroups.com written by floresoft.  The screens I attached are for sharedgroups.com.  This service seems pretty well for me so far...

Hope that clears it up.