Google Apps Scripts - Setting up Variables

Peter Langfield

Mar 11, 2016, 5:12:17 AM3/11/16
to floreysoft
Ok so either i'm doing something very very wrong or there is something very very wrong with Ultradox. Long story short, I have some code which does some stuff and which I know works perfectly. When I put this code into a Google Apps Script which is linked to an Ultradoc I cannot figure out how to make the variables within that script show up as usable variables in the Ultradoc. I've been at this for centuries.

output : [
          { name : 'users[].name',
            description : 'Contains the given name of the user',
            format : 'STRING'
          },
          { name : 'users[].age',
            description : 'Contains the age of the user',
            format : 'NUMBER'
          },
          { name : 'newID',
            description : 'My New ID',
            format : 'TEXT'
          }

You'll see that i've put my variable "newID" at the bottom there in the output section of the template.
return {
    executionReport: "Sample table with "+rows+" row created",
    users : table,
    newID : newID
  }

And you'll see that I have that same variable being returned by the main "execute" function.

It's published and linked up but no matter what I do even if I delete every little bit of code in the script, I cannot change the default input and output variables which show up in the Ultradoc. PLEASE HELP ME!!

Peter Langfield

Mar 11, 2016, 5:40:22 AM3/11/16
to floreysoft
AAAAAAAAAANNNNNDDDDDD SOLVED! I needed to increment the version number of the published script.

Daniel Florey

Mar 11, 2016, 5:41:03 AM3/11/16
to floreysoft GmbH
Hi,
can you please download and start the remote support tool and send me the session code when you are online?

http://get.teamviewer.com/floreysoft

I'll then have a look and will try to help you.

Thanks,
Daniel

Daniel Florey

Mar 11, 2016, 5:41:48 AM3/11/16
to floreysoft GmbH
Ah, ok - that's what I wanted to show you! Thanks for letting me know.