Add to calendar

Xray Specs

Jul 16, 2014, 7:10:46 PM7/16/14
to flore...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I am finding Ultradox to be useful for creating Event Coordinator workflows for booking new private events in our venue. I was wondering if anyone can suggest how to add new events to google calendar from the booking form (see below). There is no building block that does this currently -and I don't understand scripts well enough to create one, nor would I know where to insert it if I did, unfortunately. Currently the workflow looks like this:

Trigger by google form (new event booking order form)
Generate a google doc from template (event details template)
Upload document generated from (x doc)
Send plain text email to (x...@email.com)

I'd like to add this hypothetical building block:

Add event name, date, and time to (google calendar account)

Additionally, if anyone has an answer to this, I'd also like to know if it there could be a way to update the calendar if this event's details should change later.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Daniel Florey

Jul 17, 2014, 10:00:24 AM7/17/14
to floreysoft GmbH
Yes, this is a good idea. I will think about how to add "popular scripts" to the available building blocks.

Daniel Florey

Sep 9, 2014, 9:11:03 AM9/9/14
to floreysoft GmbH
Hi,
I've added the create event script to the "Popular scripts". You can give it a try!

Steve Martinez

Dec 14, 2015, 12:38:56 AM12/14/15
to floreysoft
I need to be able to use a sheet as the source for creating my calendar events. I basically want to run a batch job from a sheet to auto-create weekly calendar events. How do I do this? When I load a "Load Sheet" block, the output parameters of the sheet are not "seen" by the "create an event" block!? Arn't all block supposed to be able to pass their data onto the next?