Stuck on Getting Goolge Drive Image Links to Render In A Google Doc Via A Letter Merge

vos...@leadfuse.com.au

Mar 10, 2016, 1:39:45 AM3/10/16
to floreysoft
Hi

I'm doing a letter merge from a spread sheet and can't get the images to render - it's becoming frustrating now and I'm looking for some help please.

The sheet is set for anyone with the link can edit
Inside the spread sheet are a number of variables and they all merge into the documents except the images

The images are link references to images in a Drive folder

The folder holding the images is set to anyone with a link can edit and I've done the same for each file

In the document I have used  ${gpreviewimage;image(width=220px)} for the image code

In preview, I only see a square outline and the same in a test printed document as you can see.

What have I missed?

Would appreciate your help

Daniel Florey

Mar 10, 2016, 4:42:39 AM3/10/16
to floreysoft GmbH
The images have to be public on the net without any redirects. You can check if this is the case by opening an incognito window, opening the link to the image and check if it shows up *and if the URL is still the same*.
If the URL is different, you have been redirected to a different URL by the browser.
To host public images on Drive have a look at this page:

vos...@leadfuse.com.au

Mar 10, 2016, 2:54:54 PM3/10/16
to floreysoft
Thank you Daniel

It became so complicated with Google Drive rights, I gave up and put them on my website server and that now works to drive in the image. Also tried Amazon S3 that works fine too.