Image size formatting in mail merge

vos...@leadfuse.com.au

Mar 10, 2016, 3:05:39 PM3/10/16
to floreysoft
Hi

I'm merging images into a document. The images vary in size but are mostly around 300px by 450px.

The settings I'm using for the merge are ${gpreviewimage;image(width=250px;aspect-ratio=maintain)}

What I see on preview is this - a miniature image that is not 250px wide

And when I run one in a batch I get this - a 250px wide image where the aspect ratio is not maintained

Can you suggest a solution for this?

Daniel Florey

Mar 10, 2016, 7:21:06 PM3/10/16
to floreysoft GmbH
If you are generating a PDF document you'll have to specify width and height in cm or pt.
Please specify both width and height to keep aspect-ratio.

vos...@leadfuse.com.au

Mar 10, 2016, 8:47:56 PM3/10/16
to floreysoft
OK - that worked without the aspect-ratio=maintain code and specifying height and width. All three distort the document.

It does not seem logical to me - normally you say you want to keep the aspect ratio and choose one side. But we are getting there.

Daniel Florey

Mar 11, 2016, 4:15:59 AM3/11/16
to floreysoft GmbH
You'll have to specify the outer boundaries by specifying width and height. The aspect-ratio=maintain will then calculate the image size so that it fits into the specified box.
Make sure there is enough space in the document to display the box (e.g. when in a table cell).