Cannot load newly added row after Zapier trigger

IWTS

Aug 7, 2019, 1:39:30 AM8/7/19
to floreysoft
Use Case:
Customers can fill forms with JotForm. The form data is saved in a Google Sheet.
Ultradox is triggered via Zapier after the JotForm data is submitted.

What I want to do is adding a customer number to the newly created entry (row) in Google Sheet using the Ultradox counter.

Therefore, I created 3 steps in the Ultradox automation:
  1. Load a row from Google Sheet
  2. Use counter to create customer number
  3. update row in Google Sheet with created customer number
The problem: When I run the Zapier trigger, the Ultradox automation is triggered. But the block "load a row from Google Sheet" is not working. I get the message "Loaded no rows from worksheet". As a result the row is not updated with the customer number. The customer number is added to a new row (one below).

After trying a lot I cannot find the solution for that issue. If conducting these steps with a (Google) Form instead of the Zapier trigger it is working fine.

Did I forget a step at the beginning to be able to load the row or is something wrong with the Zapier trigger?

Daniel Florey

Aug 7, 2019, 8:38:59 AM8/7/19
to floreysoft GmbH
If you trigger Ultradox from Zapier Ultradox has no clue which row has been added.
You could try to load the row by using the "Load worksheet" building block and using a query that will load exactly the row that contains the data that has just been submitted.
You can limit the number of rows to be loaded to 1.
This will then give you the row number so that you can update the row.