500 The call failed on the server; see server log for details

Simon Raess

Apr 28, 2012, 8:51:54 PM4/28/12
to flore...@googlegroups.com, Valérie Vuillerat
I can only subscribe 1 person per day to a shared contacts group.
As our team grows, this is now increasingly annoying.

When I look at the quota details, under the Mail section I see "Recipients Emailed: 0% (0 of 100)" (which is correct).

Further down, I have another section called "Other Quotas With Warnings".
Here I see "Recipients Emailed: 100% (100 of 100)".

Looks like I am out of email quota despite the fact I don't send any email.
Either somebody else is using my account to send emails (I doubt) or the app is buggy or something isn't working properly on the Google side.

When I go to Task Queues and select "sendReminders", I see 0 and therefore cannot purge the cue.

<rant>
I have been a customer of FloreySoft shared contacts from the very beginning (v1)
It is a bummer that the developer wasn't able to help me just yet.
I can't do anything and I feel very much left in the lurch with my problem :((
</rant>

Anyone here who would be willing to help me with this problem?

Daniel Florey

Apr 29, 2012, 3:50:48 AM4/29/12
to flore...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
can you send me your app-id? I've already in touch with Google - there seems to be an issue with Google App Engine.
I'd like to add your data to the support case.
There is not much I can do from my end...

Thanks, Daniel

Simon Raess

Apr 29, 2012, 4:45:44 AM4/29/12
to flore...@googlegroups.com
ginettasharedcontacts

Thanks for looking into this!

--
GINETTA™ WEB/DESIGN
Weyermannsstrasse 28 / CH-3008 Bern / www.ginetta.ch

Simon Raess / Inhaber
si...@ginetta.ch / +41 79 410 81 91

Daniel Florey

May 8, 2012, 4:04:57 AM5/8/12
to flore...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
this is what I've got from Google Support:

Created By: Josselin Cornou (4/30/2012 9:13 AM)
Hi again Daniel,

One more precision Daniel. This application is in "Billing Status: Premier Billing Requested". In order finalize this process, one of the premier account admins will need to approve the transfer. More information can be found here: http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/premier/index.html

Please let me know if that solves your issue.

Best regards,

Josselin
Created By: Josselin Cornou (4/30/2012 3:20 AM)
Hi Daniel,

As this is a free application, you are currently affected by the email quotas being reached (https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/quotas#Mail).

However, as you application is currently moving through premier, you shouldn't get affected by this quotas.

Does that respond to your question ?

Best regards,

Josselin C
Google App Engine Support

Simon Raess

May 8, 2012, 8:21:07 AM5/8/12
to flore...@googlegroups.com, Valérie Vuillerat
[+valerie FYI]

Hi Daniel, thanks for looking into this. But hm, what does this even mean?

I *think* I requested premier, but I never received anything that would let me approve or reject the request. Who has to do this?
Also, as stated in the article on http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/premier/index.html a premier account costs USD 500 per month. , an amount that I am certainly not willing to pay for sending a couple of emails every once in a while. Are all other customers of your premier accounts? If no, do they run into 1 email / day quota as well?

Conclusion:
I still have no idea what this means and what to do…

– Simon

Daniel Florey

May 8, 2012, 8:23:37 AM5/8/12
to flore...@googlegroups.com
Is there no way to revert the premier request?
I cannot recommend the premier account - it nearly killed our company as we completely lost cost control (you only get the invoice at the end of the month, no more billing info per day) :-(

Simon Raess

May 8, 2012, 8:27:27 AM5/8/12
to flore...@googlegroups.com
Yes, there is.
I will revert the request asap.

But the question remains: What are we gonna do for the email quota bug?

Daniel Florey

May 8, 2012, 8:30:48 AM5/8/12
to flore...@googlegroups.com
The bug should vanish after the first billing period (one week)...