Create HTML email draft in Gmail instead of sending email directly

Daniel Kestenholz

Sep 25, 2015, 9:55:00 AM9/25/15
to floreysoft
Hey there,

I have set up a flow that loads an entry from a google sheets worksheet, generates an HTML from a google document template and then sends the HTML email generated from this template.

My question is the following: Instead of directly sending out the email, I would like to create a draft in my gmail account which I can then manually adjust and send out when it's finished. How can I implement this in my Ultradox flow?

Many thanks,
Daniel

Daniel Florey

Sep 25, 2015, 10:18:49 AM9/25/15
to floreysoft GmbH
As we may generate responsive emails from the templates, the GMail drafts will not help (they'd destroy the layout).
What you could try:
- Upload the generated HTML to Google Drive into a "Drafts" folder. You can then preview/edit the file on Google Drive with our Editey HTML editor.
- You can also send the draft to your own email account
- Finally use the download block to send out the final version

Hope this helps,
Daniel

Daniel Kestenholz

Sep 26, 2015, 8:42:29 AM9/26/15
to floreysoft
Danke, Daniel!

I have created a drafts folder and an upload block that saves the HTML message to this folder on google drive, as you suggested. I have two further questions:
  • How do I correctly set up the flow to make sure it stops after the upload, lets me manipulate the drafts and resumes only after I have "approved" the drafts?
  • Also, how can I correctly specify the download block so it picks the right HTML template to send it out by email? (As far as I know, I have to select a file that already exists in a drive folder, but what if the file is only created as a result of executing the flow?)
Thanks a lot,

Daniel

Daniel Florey

Sep 26, 2015, 1:38:19 PM9/26/15
to floreysoft GmbH
You can
- Add a suspend block after the upload
- Add an "Send email" after the suspend block
- followed by a "stop"
- After the stop insert a "Resume" called e.g. "approve"
- After the resume insert the "Html to html" block and select any file as default. As the upload block provides a fileId this block will then later download the uploaded/adjusted file
- Reload the suspend block so that the resumeApprove shows up
- Use the ${resumeApprove} in your email

Cheers,
Daniel