Shared Groups - is there a way to temporarily stop sync?

Support Manager

Sep 18, 2015, 1:16:04 PM9/18/15
to floreysoft
When I'm in my admin page for SharedGroups account, I don't see any place where I can stop the syncing cycle. Is this possible or does it need to be done from our Google AppEngine page for SharedGroups?

Background - We're trying to figure out why birth dates, which are being removed by our SharedGroup users with privileges to do so, keep coming back a few hours later. We've opened a support case with Google and they say it is due to a third party app, which they said was UCM, but which we no longer use. I asked them if they meant SharedGroups and they said no, so there is some confusion about the identity of the app. They've asked if we can disable syncing of the third party app and see if the birth dates stay deleted, for as long as we delay the sync.

Thanks for any help!

Jim

Daniel Kohtes

Sep 19, 2015, 1:52:28 PM9/19/15
to floreysoft
Hi Jim,

on the third tab in your SharedGroups admin console you can change the sync cycle time to manually. That should do the trick for you.

After solving your issue just switch back to an appropriate sync cycle.

Kind regards,
Daniel

Support Manager

Sep 21, 2015, 8:25:34 AM9/21/15
to floreysoft
Daniel,

Thanks for the advice. Unless I'm missing something, if I click on the 3rd tab "Administration" I don't get any menu to make a change. I do see the lower portion of the screen change to a sychronization log and the area in near the top of it that says "Synchronization: Every twelve hours. Waiting for next sync" and a timer counting down to the next sync.

Jim

Daniel Florey

Sep 21, 2015, 8:27:37 AM9/21/15
to floreysoft GmbH
Can you please check if the "Admin SDK" has been enabled on your project?
You also need to activate "Enable API's" in your Google Apps dashboard security settings.
The admin section should then show up when logging in with wa Google Apps domain admin.

Support Manager

Sep 21, 2015, 8:32:31 AM9/21/15
to floreysoft
Daniel,

Thanks, but would it be possible to tell me where the Admin SDK enable switch is in App Engine?

Jim

Daniel Florey

Sep 21, 2015, 8:43:54 AM9/21/15
to floreysoft GmbH
Should be https://console.developers.google.com/project/<yourapp-id>/apiui/apiview/admin/overview

Replace <yourapp-id> with your app id.

Support Manager

Sep 21, 2015, 8:56:43 AM9/21/15
to floreysoft
Daniel,

Thanks again. Found it and now can see the Sync Frequency settings!

Jim