Deleted birthday fields keep coming back after a Shared Groups sync

Support Manager

Sep 25, 2015, 1:11:35 PM9/25/15
to floreysoft
We've been troubleshooting this problem with folks at Google and they suspected that a 3rd party app was causing this to occur. To test this, we turned off Shared Groups syncing and then deleted the birthday fields from our office staff contacts. We left the syncing turned off for about 3 days and the birthday fields stayed "deleted", or maybe better term would be "hidden", since as soon as we turned Shared Groups sync back on and forced a sync, the birthdays are showing up again.

Our conclusion at this point is that the info must be cached in some way that Shared Groups is able to restore it. Our office HR policy has changed and they no longer want staff birthdays to show up in the staff contact info.

Is there anything we can do to fix this or is this something that Floreysoft has to address?

Thanks in advance,
Jim

Daniel Florey

Sep 25, 2015, 2:18:37 PM9/25/15
to floreysoft GmbH
Did you delete the birthday fields with a user that has edit permissions in Shared Groups?
The deletion should then propagate to the other users.

Hope this helps,
Daniel

Support Manager

Sep 25, 2015, 2:51:36 PM9/25/15
to floreysoft
Daniel,

I'm definitely logging in and making the deletions in an account that has edit privileges.

Jim