Link formatting not working : text not displayed

inscr...@magicmakers.fr

Dec 8, 2016, 9:04:07 AM12/8/16
to floreysoft
Hi,

I am using a variable that is a link. I want to display it nicely in my email (so that the link is not too long and that we don't see all parameters).

I used this : ${inscrits.urlcb;link(text=Pay now)} and also  ${inscrits.urlcb;link(text="Pay now")}

It displays correctly the link (clickable with all the parameters included) but the text "Pay now" is not taken into account. It is as if I had written : ${inscrits.urlcb;link(text=)}

I am not using the link() formatting function correctly ?

Thanks,
Thibaut

Daniel Florey

Dec 8, 2016, 9:20:06 AM12/8/16
to floreysoft GmbH
Hi Thibaut,
are you sending out an HTML mail or a plain text email?

Regards,
Daniel

inscr...@magicmakers.fr

Dec 8, 2016, 9:51:18 AM12/8/16
to floreysoft
Thanks for your quick answer!

I am supposing this is HTML since when i click on "Show original message" on the received email in GMail, I see no text but data along with "Content-Type: multipart/mixed" header.

On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 3:04 PM, <inscr...@magicmakers.fr> wrote:
Hi,

I am using a variable that is a link. I want to display it nicely in my email (so that the link is not too long and that we don't see all parameters).

I used this : ${inscrits.urlcb;link(text=Pay now)} and also  ${inscrits.urlcb;link(text="Pay now")}

It displays correctly the link (clickable with all the parameters included) but the text "Pay now" is not taken into account. It is as if I had written : ${inscrits.urlcb;link(text=)}

I am not using the link() formatting function correctly ?

Thanks,
Thibaut

Daniel Florey

Dec 8, 2016, 9:53:31 AM12/8/16
to floreysoft GmbH
No, this looks like you've used the plain text email block which does not support text instead of links.
You should use the Google Docs -> HTML block and then add an HTML email block instead.
You can then design your email with the Ultradox Email Designer.
Hope this helps