Conditional on Workflow document Generation

Erik Christensen

Oct 30, 2014, 8:36:59 PM10/30/14
to flore...@googlegroups.com
I have a Google Form which has a number of checkboxes corresponding to documents I want to allow users to select.

i.e. Bob wants to generate a project brief, so he selects Project Brief as an option (checkbox), on form submit UltraDox then generates only the project brief.

What I am wondering is what sort of syntax do I need to accomplish this...

This is the variable for one checkbox item in the output box

${if documentselector:contractorbrief}${else}${end}

This is the second

${if documentselector:blankdocument}${else}${end}

The workflow has a few document generator blocks.

The first is a Google Document generator which I am hoping will only run when the first checkbox (contractorbrief) is checked...

The second block is another Google Document generator which I want to only run when the second checkbox is checked.

Can someone give me some guidance on how to get this to work?

Right now no matter what I do results in a doc being generated.

This is the action I have set on the first block: http://go.lilrkt.com/image/0W3e0g1x3e25

What do I do?

Daniel Florey

Oct 31, 2014, 3:05:27 AM10/31/14
to floreysoft GmbH
Can you please try:

${if documentselector:
contractorbrief}true${else}false${end}

This should work

Erik Christensen

Oct 31, 2014, 8:17:02 AM10/31/14
to flore...@googlegroups.com
OK, cool. That worked!

Thank you so much for the help :)

Erik Christensen

Jan 18, 2015, 9:24:48 PM1/18/15
to flore...@googlegroups.com
What sort of conditional would I use for a radio button on a form?

Erik Christensen

Jan 18, 2015, 9:26:04 PM1/18/15
to flore...@googlegroups.com
As opposed to the checkbox solution:

Can you please try:
${if documentselector:contractorbrief}true${else}false${end}
This should work

Jason S

Jan 27, 2015, 3:15:33 PM1/27/15
to flore...@googlegroups.com
{if documentselector=contractorbrief}true${else}false${end}

Erik Christensen

Jan 28, 2015, 12:36:15 AM1/28/15
to flore...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, but I keep getting an error;

I have this as my form inputs: http://go.lilrkt.com/image/0p3a0j3X0u3Y

And I used this ${if salespackage=Project Package}true${else}false${end}....

But my blocks keep skipping; setttings for the block (i.e. a counter to gen project ID): http://go.lilrkt.com/image/1F0F3T3q1L3A

Daniel Florey

Jan 28, 2015, 2:16:46 AM1/28/15
to floreysoft GmbH
Hi,
blanks in the condition are not (yet) supported. You'll have to create a separate "Evaluate expression" block to do the comparison. Then you can just use:
${my.result}
as condition in the skip block.
(in this example "my" is the output prefix of the expression block).

Erik Christensen

Jan 28, 2015, 8:28:50 AM1/28/15
to flore...@googlegroups.com
I have a radio set that allows me to select a sales package.

I just want to run blocks based on package.

Radio sets names; ie option 1, option 2

How would I go about running a block only if option 1 is set?

What does it cost to get some consulting? I know your support is via you, but I need help and I'm not sure if this should be asked to a consultant.

--
Erik Christensen

Daniel Florey

Jan 28, 2015, 10:11:09 AM1/28/15
to floreysoft GmbH
Hi,
can you please add your question to the FAQ document?
This will make it easier for us to feed back valuable questions into the online FAQ.
Thanks!
Daniel

Erik Christensen

Jan 28, 2015, 10:47:10 PM1/28/15
to flore...@googlegroups.com
I am still not clear about how to activate a block if a radio button is selected.

I want to have a block fire only if Yes is selected.

Please let me know!

Daniel Florey

Jan 29, 2015, 2:44:59 AM1/29/15
to floreysoft GmbH
If you would rename the options to "Project" and "Task" it would work without the need of an additional script.
Is this an option?