Msg from google: Limiting access to data in your Google Account

Geoff Davies

Mar 22, 2019, 4:13:59 AM3/22/19
to floreysoft
The message states:

Although you don’t need to take any action, we wanted to let you know that the following third-party apps will no longer be able to access some data in your Google Account, including your Gmail content. This change will go into effect starting 31 March 2019.

Shared Groups

We are making this change as part of ongoing efforts to make sure that your data is protected and private. These apps haven’t yet complied with our updated data privacy requirements announced on 8 October 2018.

Will Shared Groups continue to function? I have 2 x single-user licenses to share a group of contacts between family members.

Please advise. Thanks,

Geoff

Malcolm Mackenzie

Mar 22, 2019, 6:04:50 AM3/22/19
to floreysoft
I have the same email and question
Thanks
Malcolm

Ted Wobber

Mar 26, 2019, 9:23:38 AM3/26/19
to floreysoft
I have the same issue as well.

Can you at least say whether SharedGroups will then not work at all, or just have limited functionality?

Ilene Angel

Mar 26, 2019, 10:11:40 AM3/26/19
to flore...@googlegroups.com
Same issue.  Please let us know if the program will continue to function.

Thank you.

Daniel Florey

Mar 26, 2019, 10:36:39 AM3/26/19
to floreysoft
We are working with Google to get the app certified so that you can login without a security warning.
It will continue to work without any interruption though.

Ilene Angel

Mar 26, 2019, 10:47:02 AM3/26/19
to flore...@googlegroups.com
Thank you!  Please keep us updated if anything changes.