Re: [floreysoft] Configuration Errror! Enterprise version

Message has been deleted

Daniel Florey

Mar 16, 2016, 11:51:14 AM3/16/16
to floreysoft GmbH
Hi,
can you please download and start the remote support tool and send me the session code when you are online?

http://get.teamviewer.com/floreysoft

I'll then have a look and will try to help you.

Thanks,
Daniel

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 3:22 PM, <marc.st...@demo.tamedia.com> wrote:
Hello,

We have just launched our Proof of Concept, which you helped to configure on our demo domain. Everything was working fine until now, where all users trying to access http://sg-demo-tamedia.appspot.com/ get the below error page. Billing is enabled and the $300 free credit has not yet been used at all.

What is going wrong? Please could you help ASAP, as none of our evaluation users can use sharedgroups at the moment.

Thanks.
Regards,
Marc

Configuration Error!

Your application is not configured correctly. Most likely you missed a step when installing the application.

Please check the following settings:

Did you add the application to your domain?

Go to Google App Engine, navigate to Application Settings and click on Add Domain.

Enter your Google Apps domain and activate the service.

Check if datastore writes are enabled

Go to Google App Engine, navigate to Application Settings and check if datastore writes are disabled

Click on Re-enable writes to enable datastore writes

Over quota?

This is the Worst-Case Scenario!

Most likely you missed this step in the installation wizard and did not enable billing on Google App Engine!

As you have been running out of quota the internal data may be corrupted and manual action is needed to repair the data.

Enable billing for your application

It is very important to activate billing on Google App Engine to avoid this case by any means in the future.
You will only get charged by Google if you exceed the free quota. So there is absolutely no reason to not activate billing.

To enable billing, login to Google App Engine, navigate to Application Settings and select the Billing Status menu.

Activate billing and enter a reasonable daily budget. The budget depends on the number of contacts, subscribers and sync freqeuency.

More info on how to enable billing can be found in the FAQ.

To make sure that your internal data is not corrupted you may want to remove all the data and start from scratch as described in our Troubleshooting Guide.

This message (and any associated files) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or authorized to receive this for the intended recipient, you must not use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by sending a reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.

Message has been deleted

Daniel Florey

Mar 16, 2016, 12:18:13 PM3/16/16
to floreysoft GmbH
Please make sure to enable billing in the app engine dashboard, sometimes this is not enabled by default and can cause errors.
Only owners of a shared group can manage other groups owners. Make sure to always keep at least one group owner.

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 5:15 PM, <marc.st...@demo.tamedia.com> wrote:
Hi Daniel,

It's working again now, not sure how.

Some other questions which have come up :

  1. Which Google admin rights exactly are necessary to gain SharedGroups admin status?
  2. For a group where the admin has lost ownership, how can he edit members of that group, and re-assign ownership to someone else (say the initial owner has left the company and his account was deleted) or regain ownership himself?
Thanks

Regards,
Marc
Message has been deleted

Daniel Florey

Mar 16, 2016, 12:22:52 PM3/16/16
to floreysoft GmbH
You'll have to be Google Apps admin for the installed domain.

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 5:21 PM, Marc Stoudmann <marc.st...@demo.tamedia.com> wrote:
Yes, I did indeed go there and enable billing, although it was more like simply selecting the already-present billing solution.

Thank you for your answer. Would you have an answer to question 1 please?