N7G73Q=Editey auto line-wrap beyond window width

DestinyArchitect

Jun 20, 2014, 1:22:49 AM6/20/14
to flore...@googlegroups.com
  1. Editey.com automatic wrapping of every line when it extends beyond the window width
    1. appears not yet available
      1. but
        1. this is its only limitation (on very quick look) which would keep me from seriously considering using & recommending Editey for any editing this is its only limitation (on very quick look) which would keep me from seriously considering using & recommending Editey for any editing
          1. so starting from my very first trying to edit with it I immediately couldn't practically, meaning remotely efficiently, edit using it, for any of my HTML (plus would similarly not be able to edit much of my Javascript), as that requires way too much left-and-right window scrolling, for every line of code (which, in HTML, means every paragraph scrolling it left and right just to read each one))
        2. every text editor of significance has this key feature, including leading-competitor NeutronDrive, plus Kate (even with matching indent!), Emacs, Brackets, Expression Web, and even Notepad
          1. so for a top role-model, look at Kate which even allows the wrapped lines to be indented at the same level as previous lines, though this fanciness should be optional as for big indents it can create too much space-wasting and wrapping
        3. adding this feature is likely as easy as turning on the likely-already-built-in feature inn the likely-off-the-shelf browser-based collaborative editor(for text) that Editey uses internally.
          1. Which editor is that?
          2. NeutronDrive advertises they use ACE, consequently a big selling point for it..
        4. as is, I'd still recommend Editey else NeutronDrive for preview/display of individual private HTML files in Google Drive since Google Drive doing that natively starting ~2013 refuses to do that any more
    2. So what's Editey's future/plans for this feature?
      1. --a public URL to an issue tracker issue is the ideal answer here, or else just post all the info on this thread
      2. Most especially, when will Editey have this feature?
    3. Destiny

Daniel Florey

Jun 20, 2014, 10:03:52 AM6/20/14
to floreysoft GmbH
Thanks for the feedback, I'll add that to Editey (using ACE internally).

Daniel Florey

Jun 20, 2014, 10:17:42 AM6/20/14
to floreysoft GmbH
You'll find the new option in the page setup dialog.