Workaround for Shared Groups sync issue

Daniel Florey

Oct 6, 2014, 3:23:45 PM10/6/14
to flore...@googlegroups.com
After some more research on the weekend it turned out the Google has wiped important information from the groups in GMail that we use to share them among different users.

I'm in touch with Google to hopefully find a solution that will work without user interaction, but if you do not want to wait for that (and it is not even 100% sure that this is doable) you can try the following steps as a workaround:

* Remove all subscribers from your shared groups
* Make sure to click on Keep groups when prompted! This is very important as it will leave the groups untouched in GMail
* Add the subscribers again to the shared groups and let them accept the share
* Wait for the next sync to be completed after performing these steps
* If you end up with duplicates, please merge them in one account only. Never merge duplicates in different account within the same sync cycle!

If you give that a try, please comment on this post and share your results.
Thanks a lot for your support!
This conversation is locked