how to use custom fields in SmartMail

Daniel Kapitan

Oct 31, 2012, 10:41:54 AM10/31/12
to flore...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We have started to use UCM seriously to communicate with our customers using SmartMail.

We would like to use the data in some of the custom fields, but I can't get it to work via the Smart Component panel.

Please could you advise what handler is should use to reference the custom field if,  for example, I have a custom field named 'password'.

thanks in advance,
Daniel

Daniel Florey

Oct 31, 2012, 11:33:23 AM10/31/12
to floreysoft GmbH
Hi,
do you mean a custom field in your contacts?

Kapitan, Daniel

Oct 31, 2012, 11:40:12 AM10/31/12
to flore...@googlegroups.com
hi,

yes indeed, the custom field in contacts

Dr. Daniel Kapitan
Directeur en medeoprichter
Gupta Intelligent Data Solutions

+31 (0)6 2409 7295

Paul Colman

Jul 30, 2014, 8:47:42 AM7/30/14
to flore...@googlegroups.com, daniel....@gids.com
Was there an answer to this?

I have set up the same custom fields in a lot of my Google Contacts. I'd like to add each of these custom fields as a Smart Component in the UCM Smart Mail. Is there a Javascript code for this? Or another way to add them?

Thanks

Daniel Florey

Jul 30, 2014, 9:20:10 AM7/30/14
to floreysoft GmbH
You should be able to access them both in UCM and Ultradox with ${contactprefix.custom.fieldname}
e.g.: If you have a contact in Ultradox with prefix "to" you should be able to access you password field using ${to.custom.password}

Paul Colman

Jul 30, 2014, 10:07:33 AM7/30/14
to flore...@googlegroups.com
Or ${contact.custom."fieldname"} in a smart mail seems to work.
I was looking for a way to add them in the Smart Component menu on the left to save typing the code, but I've added them as snippets instead.

Thanks