[Fwd: Route from Kinburn to Carling/Moodie]

1 view

Patrick Wray

Apr 3, 2006, 11:22:41 AM4/3/06
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Patrick

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Route from Kinburn to Carling/Moodie
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 15:58:56 -0500
To: <pr...@cfsc.ottawa.on.ca>

Hi,

I'm looking for route advice from Kinburn to the Nortel campus at
Carling & Moodie that will avoid taking major roads as much as
possible. I was thinking of starting with Donald B Munro to Carp and
from Carp take Old Carp Road.

Thanks,

Paul Gecius

Apr 3, 2006, 12:14:47 PM4/3/06
DB Munro to Carp and then down old Carp sounds reasonable. Old Carp is not paved, tho, and
occasionally when grading is done, the ride can be challenging, especially on 700 by 23's
like the ones I ride.

Another way would be Kinburn Side Rd to 10th Line to Thomas Dolan to Second Line. Or
Kinburn Side Rd to 10th line to Carp to Old Carp. Or Kinburn Side Rd to Woodlawn and then
over to Second Line Rd. Or ... Lotsa route options here.

I ride a lot of these routes in the evenings at around the start of the afternoon rush
hour and have never felt the least bit uncomfortable on any of these roads.

Getting from Morgan's Grant to Nortel may be a challenge in and of itself, since a portion
the bike trail between March and Moodie in currently closed. (The NCC put up this really
cynical billboard saying that reconstruction was supposed to be done in Fall 2005. All
that was done was to tear up the surface sometime in early September, and little else.)

From Morgan's Grant, I usually take March to Herzberg then down to Carling and either
through the rail underpass, or onto the bike trail portion which is not currently closed
at Burke Rd.

Hope this helps.