Flookup Changelog

Flookup for Google Sheets

Apr 12, 2021, 6:37:15 AM4/12/21
to Flookup for Google Sheets

25/03/2021: Performance improvements all round
01/04/2021: Major bug fixes for FUZZYMATCH LRM where it was returning wrong results
12/04/2021: Upgraded the "Remove duplicates" function to allow comparing two different columns

Flookup for Google Sheets

Apr 26, 2021, 5:22:12 AM4/26/21
to Flookup for Google Sheets
26/04/2021: Numbers are now treated as numbers (they are not converted to strings) and so the percentage similarity is calculated mathematically.

Flookup for Google Sheets

Apr 29, 2021, 4:09:51 AM4/29/21
to Flookup for Google Sheets
29/04/2021: When running menu functions, the function modal windows will no longer close automatically after executing the respective function. This is to overcome a bug that causes functions like "Highlight duplicates" to fail to run consistently.

Flookup for Google Sheets

Dec 25, 2021, 3:02:38 AM12/25/21
to Flookup for Google Sheets
25/12/2021: We have temporarily removed the "Maximum similarity" feature from the FLOOKUP Long Run Mode function.
This will allow a more consistent and intuitive function until we release a better way to implement that feature.

Flookup for Google Sheets

Dec 29, 2021, 11:52:56 PM12/29/21
to Flookup for Google Sheets
30/12/2021: We have added the NORMALIZE to the family of Long Run Mode functions.

Flookup for Google Sheets

Jan 6, 2022, 9:23:31 AMJan 6
to Flookup for Google Sheets
06/01/2022: We have made three significant updates to the NORMALIZE LRM function:
  1. We have added the ability to remove punctuation marks and removed it from the ordinary NORMALIZE function.
  2. We have updated field names to improve your overall user experience.
We have also improved the algorithms for both versions of the NORMALIZE function to make them work faster.

Flookup for Google Sheets

Jan 8, 2022, 3:04:53 AMJan 8
to Flookup for Google Sheets
08/01/2022:
We have made updates to the FLOOKUP LRM function. Below is the new list of modes currently available:
  1. Return the best match plus similarity.
  2. Return the best match plus row number.
  3. Return all matches for each item.
You can read more about this update in our documentation.

There has also been a significant change to Google's function timeout policy:
Before December 2020, those who were on Consumer accounts (e.g. @gmail or @googlemail accounts) could run our "Long Run Mode" functions for 6 minutes, while those on Workspace accounts could run those functions for 30 minutes.
However, since the beginning of 2021, all account types are now limited to running "Long Run Mode" functions for a maximum of 6 minutes.
As a result of this change, we have updated Flookup (Build 731) to ensure that all affected functions continue running smoothly.
We apologise for any inconveniences caused.

Flookup for Google Sheets

Jan 13, 2022, 12:26:21 PMJan 13
to Flookup for Google Sheets
13/01/2022: We have fixed a bug that made the "Remove duplicates" functions fail to remove all duplicates and, in some cases, they ended up causing the data to get mixed up.

Flookup for Google Sheets

Jan 17, 2022, 4:52:56 PMJan 17
to Flookup for Google Sheets
18/01/2022: We have added ULIST to the family of Long Run Mode (LRM) functions.

Flookup for Google Sheets

Jan 30, 2022, 6:38:50 AMJan 30
to Flookup for Google Sheets
29/01/2022:
  • Fixed an issue that caused Flookup to throw an error whenever the tableArray had no matches.
  • Fixed an issue that caused functions to randomly return !IndexError.

Flookup for Google Sheets

Feb 13, 2022, 11:12:01 AMFeb 13
to Flookup for Google Sheets
13/02/2022:
  • Increased our unlimited free trial from three days to fourteen days.
  • Add a Lifetime free plan for educational institutions called the Flookup EduPlan.
  • Added a facility to cancel subscriptions from within the application. It can be found at "Add-ons > Flookup > Manage subscription > Cancel subscription" in the spreadsheet menu.
  • Removed the "Troubleshoot" menu item. Troubleshooting instructions can still be found here.

Flookup for Google Sheets

Feb 18, 2022, 9:34:50 AMFeb 18
to Flookup for Google Sheets
18/02/2022:
  • Changed the steps needed to highlight and delete duplicates: Previously, upon launching the function window, one would have no way of adjusting the selected number of columns. Now, after launching the function window, if you would like to adjust the column count, simply click "Count columns in selection". There is no longer a need to relaunch the function window.
  • Nota bene: The number of columns in the selection determines the valid values for the "Target column" and the "Secondary column".

Flookup for Google Sheets

Feb 22, 2022, 11:34:55 PMFeb 22
to Flookup for Google Sheets
22/02/2022:
  • Further revised our unlimited free trial to seven days.

Flookup for Google Sheets

Feb 26, 2022, 8:24:22 AMFeb 26
to Flookup for Google Sheets
We have added a new function to the Flookup suite: MLOOKUP!

It is a modified version of the FLOOKUP function and it is specifically designed to make merging different tables easier.

Look out for MLOOKUP in the most recent update (Build 779).

Flookup for Google Sheets

Mar 17, 2022, 7:25:16 AMMar 17
to Flookup for Google Sheets
17/03/2022:
  • Fixed a bug that caused lookup functions to return the "!NoResultFound" error even when matches exist. This occurred when feeding the lookupValue parameter with arrays.
This conversation is locked