Tips and Tricks

Flookup for Google Sheets

Apr 30, 2021, 4:52:00 AM4/30/21
to Flookup for Google Sheets

This thread is dedicated to tips and tricks for getting the most out of Flookup.
You're welcome to post anything from the complex to the simple, including links to videos to other articles about Flookup. I'll go first:
  • When using the menu functions like Highlight duplicates and Remove duplicates, you can move the modal widow around or out of the way by placing your cursor directly over the window title, clicking and dragging it around.

Flookup for Google Sheets

Aug 28, 2021, 6:05:30 AM8/28/21
to Flookup for Google Sheets
  • Setting the Threshold value to 1 eliminates or handles the low-hanging fruit (easy matches)  This makes the workload lighter and the add-on runs faster.

Flookup for Google Sheets

Aug 29, 2021, 8:36:32 AM8/29/21
to Flookup for Google Sheets
  • If you have a Google Workspace Business, Enterprise or Education account, then custom scripts that are executed via a sidebar or modal window will timeout after 30 minutes instead of 6 minutes.
  • All other custom functions timeout after 30 seconds.

Flookup for Google Sheets

Dec 13, 2021, 1:44:05 PM12/13/21
to Flookup for Google Sheets
Raise your data cleaning to the next level:
We recently upgraded the FLOOKUP function to return the respective row number of a matching result.
This means that you can now combine FUZZYMATCH and FLOOKUP to give you even more useful overview of your data.
For instance, assuming that your tables are located in column A (100 rows) and B (500 rows):
  • Type FLOOKUP (A1;A100,B1:B500,1,1,0.7,1,1) in column C and then, when this is done running...
  • Type FUZZYMATCH (A1:A100,C1:C100) in column E.
This approach will give you the result in column C, the row number of the result in column D and the percentage similarity in column E.

Flookup for Google Sheets

Jul 12, 2022, 9:43:05 AMJul 12
to Flookup for Google Sheets
"If you have a Google Workspace Business, Enterprise or Education account, then custom scripts that are executed via a sidebar or modal window will timeout after 30 minutes instead of 6 minutes."

We posted tip on 29/08/2021 but the script runtime limitation has since been changed by Google. Currently, all account types will have Apps Script timeout after 6 minutes.
We think that, for most cases, this will still be a good amount of time for Flookup to run, so we continue to encourage you to use the LRM.