SGGTC this Friday: Johannes Horn

Oleg Lazarev

Feb 13, 2020, 11:23:34 AM2/13/20
to fl...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

This Friday Johannes Horn from Heidelburg will give a talk at 10:30 in Math 520.  We will meet at 11:35 in the lobby after his talk and go out for lunch.

Best,
Oleg

Johannes Horn: Singular fibers of Hitchin integrable systems

Abstract: Hitchin systems are an important class of algebraically completely integrable systems defined on moduli spaces of Higgs bundles. We will introduce a new approach to study singular fibers of theses systems by semi-abelian spectral data. This stratifies the singular Hitchin fibers by bundles over maximal abelian subvarieties with fibers given by parameters of higher Hecke transformations. In the talk we will concentrate on the SL(2,C)-case and explain how this leads to a complete description of a particular class of singular fibers.