Regarding New Performance metric and new mote

Vishal Rathod

Aug 9, 2016, 1:01:01 AM8/9/16
to FlockLab users
Hello,

I want to know that except power profiling any other performance metric will be possible to measure from test.

In future it should be possible to add new mote in flocklab like zolertia except the default ones?

Thanks & Regards,
Vishal

Roman Lim

Aug 10, 2016, 2:45:10 AM8/10/16
to flockla...@googlegroups.com
Dear Vishal

What kind of performance metric would you be interested in?

Regarding node platforms, we'd be happy to discuss support for new sensor node types. Integration of new sensor nodes
involves building a new adapter board (see [1] for specifications) and small modifications on the observer software, mostly
enabling reprogramming of the sensor node.

If you want to help adding your favorite node platform to FlockLab, by contributing node hardware and possibly also design the
corresponding adapter board, please let me know.

When adding new platforms, we have to keep in mind that there are only four target node slots available on each observer. Each newly
added nodes requires another to be removed. Already now, we support more than four different node types (the default ones): Tmote Sky,
CC430, DPP, Opal, TinyNode184, Tinynode584, IRIS, Mica2, Wismote, ACM2 and OpenMote.

Cheers
Roman

[1] https://www.flocklab.ethz.ch/wiki/attachment/wiki/Public/Index/Specification_FlockBoard_TargetAdaptors.pdf

Vishal Rathod

Aug 10, 2016, 6:22:39 AM8/10/16
to FlockLab users
I love to contribute but I am not ready with my hardware design, still I am working on it.

In future if I am ready with design then definitely I will contribute to FlockLab.

Thanks for giving me a chance to contribute in FlockLab.

Right now I am working on congestion control that's y I want to measure packet drop ratio or Packet delivery ratio and throughput as a performance metric. Is it possible to measure?

Regards,
Vishal

Roman Lim

Aug 25, 2016, 3:37:57 AM8/25/16
to flockla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vishal

You could use FlockLab's serial service to print out sequence numbers of packets generated on every sender node. All receiver nodes would also print out sender and sequence numbers of received packets.
From that you could calculate the packet delivery ratio.

Cheers
Roman