OpenMote (CC2538) Bootloader backdoor

Kasun Hewage

Nov 30, 2016, 7:44:44 PM11/30/16
to flockla...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am using Zolertia Firefly nodes which are based on the same CC2538 SoC
as the OpenMote. However, Firefly uses a different GPIO pin than
OpenMote for the bootloader backdoor. My application can run on both of
the nodes. I tested the same compiled firmware locally on both of the
nodes. But I have to use the same backdoor pin on OpenMote as Firefly to
upload the firmware.

So, I am wondering if it possible to use the firmware compiled for
Firefly on OpenMotes of FlockLab? I am not sure if FlockLab modifies the
the backdoor pin in the elf file before uploading.

Thanks.

--
Best regards,
Kasun Hewage

rdaforno

Dec 1, 2016, 4:51:34 AM12/1/16
to flockla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kasun

Yes, we overwrite the CCFG parameter in the elf file with 254 (=
backdoor & bootloader enabled, pin level active high, pin PA6). It
should be possible to use the firmware compiled for Firefly on the
OpenMotes on Flocklab.

Cheers,
Reto

Kasun Hewage