Gallagher/Phillips.....

Phillips709

Jan 1, 2013, 9:58:50 PM1/1/13
to flmiam...@googlegroups.com
Hi all...I'm new to your group so here goes...I'm researching & trying to find my Aunt, Anne (Phillips) Gallagher. Aunt Anne first resided in New Jersey until abt. 1940. Sometime after her husband, Joseph, died (I don't know the circumstances). I believe they had at least 3 children born between 1930 & 1940. I know that Aunt Anne moved to Florida & I believe that Aunt Anne & her children resided in the Miami-Dade area...Aunt Anne is the oldest of my father's siblings, there are no family members left, including my father who passed in 1985.

If any member(s) could help with either specific info or could give me a lead, would be very much appreciated, thank you.

Patti Martin

Jan 2, 2013, 3:16:44 PM1/2/13
to flmiam...@googlegroups.com
I checked teh 1945 FL state census and found no one similar.  Any other hints?
Patti Martin

On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 9:58 PM, Phillips709 <noraph...@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi all...I'm new to your group so here goes...I'm researching & trying to find my Aunt, Anne (Phillips) Gallagher. Aunt Anne first resided in New Jersey until abt. 1940. Sometime after her husband, Joseph, died (I don't know the circumstances). I believe they had at least 3 children born between 1930 & 1940. I know that Aunt Anne moved to Florida & I believe that Aunt Anne & her children resided in the Miami-Dade area...Aunt Anne is the oldest of my father's siblings, there are no family members left, including my father who passed in 1985.

If any member(s) could help with either specific info or could give me a lead, would be very much appreciated, thank you.

gene...@cfl.rr.com

Jan 2, 2013, 4:46:32 PM1/2/13
to flmiam...@googlegroups.com
Have you checked with the Miami Public Library for her
obituary? They have a record of all Dade County obits. If you can
find a date, it's easier for them.

Check the Florida Death Index at
FamilySearch.org:
https://www.familysearch.org/search/records/index#count=20&query=%2Bgivenname%3AAnne~%20%2Bsurname%3AGallagher~&collection_id=1946805

They also have marriage and divorce records there.

I checked the SSDI and don't find any Anne Gallagher who died in Dade
County, but the SSDI isn't always
accurate.
http://www.genealogybank.com/gbnk/ssdi/?lname=Gallagher&fname=Anne&minit=&birthy_0=&birthy_1=&deathy_0=&deathy_1=&citylast=&cntylast=&statelast=FL&ziplast=&nonusloc=&ssstate=&ssnum=&group=

She may also have moved to another Florida location.

You might also want to take a look at the 1935 & 1945 Florida Census:
https://www.familysearch.org/search/collection/show#uri=http://www.familysearch.org/searchapi/search/collection/1457856
https://www.familysearch.org/search/collection/show#uri=http://www.familysearch.org/searchapi/search/collection/1457855

Good luck!

Rel@ively,