Researching Estelle Elster

Alex Feller

Sep 24, 2014, 7:13:30 PM9/24/14
to flmiam...@googlegroups.com
Dear Group,
I am researching the descendants of Isaac Fine which includes Estelle Elster nee Fine, Lillian Fine, and Morris Fine.
Estelle Elster born 1904 married Max Elster in NY and had a daughter Claire. They eventually resettled in Miami. According to Ancestry, Estelle lived at 1601 NW 19th Street, Miami. Estelle died on Feb 20, 1977 in Miami. I am hoping to find an obituary, burial location, and any information leading to locating living descendants.

I appreciate your help,
Alex Feller
Chicago

Patti Martin

Sep 25, 2014, 7:14:54 AM9/25/14
to flmiam...@googlegroups.com
The easiest way to find out if there is an obituary is to contact the Miami-Dade Public Library Genealogy Department.  They have an extensive obituary index.  If there is one, they will send you a copy for $5. (It costs more than that to go to the library for a day.)  You can contact them at gene...@mdpls.org

Patti Martin

zoe...@cox.net

Sep 25, 2014, 10:25:51 AM9/25/14
to flmiam...@googlegroups.com, Alex Feller
There are four Elster people buried in Green-Wood Cemetery, Brooklyn, Kings County, New York.
See the free Find A Grave web site. I haven't investigated them yet, but I did add them to that web site
for you.
Zoe

zoe...@cox.net

Sep 25, 2014, 10:39:54 AM9/25/14
to flmiam...@googlegroups.com, Alex Feller
There are three Fine people at Green-Wood too, each in a different lot.
I just nailed those for you too. Are you a member of Find A Grave?

zoe...@cox.net

Sep 25, 2014, 10:47:20 AM9/25/14
to flmiam...@googlegroups.com, Alex Feller
AND, I found one Feller at Green-Wood. Nailed that one too.
There are also some Fellers. Do you want them too?

zoe...@cox.net

Sep 25, 2014, 12:08:57 PM9/25/14
to flmiam...@googlegroups.com, Alex Feller
I figured out who all the Elster people were at Greew-Wood Cemetery and found one obit so far, which is
quite exciting. It begins like this:

"Obit:

William J Elster, an assistant vice president of the Brooklyn Trust Company in charge of its Flatbush branch, died yesterday at his home, 654 East Seventh St, Brooklyn, of a heart attack."

Alex Feller

Sep 25, 2014, 3:02:57 PM9/25/14
to zoe...@cox.net, flmiam...@googlegroups.com
Zoe,
I appreciate your efforts and hard work.  I do have a find a grave account and found an Elster you had posted. These do not seem like the Elsters I am researching.  In any case, I am specifically looking for descendants of Estelle Elster nee Fine in Miami which is why I joined the Miami group.  I am hoping someone with expertise in Miami research can offer some help or guidance.
Thanks.

Alex

zoe...@cox.net

Sep 25, 2014, 4:24:43 PM9/25/14
to flmiam...@googlegroups.com, Alex Feller
Florida Death Index, 1877-1998
Name:
Estelle G Elster
Death Date:
County of Death:
Dade
State of Death:
Florida
Age at Death:
93
Race:
White
Birth Date:

zoe...@cox.net

Sep 25, 2014, 4:57:31 PM9/25/14
to flmiam...@googlegroups.com, Alex Feller
U.S., Social Security Death Index, 1935-2014
Name:
Max Elster
Last Residence:
33179 Miami, Miami-dade, Florida, USA